Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The first of five cider weekends.  (Read 3001 times)

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
The first of five cider weekends.
« on: July 18, 2013, 08:11:47 pm »
Starting with Friday and Saturday the 27th and 28th of July, I've got five weekends selling my cider at the gate coming up. I've basically got ten days to shift one heck of a lot of cider. If the weather stays as it is, then I should be OK but inspite of what you farmers and growers are wishing for, please don't let it rain too much. :raining:  I need as much :sunshine:  as possible. :fc:
I sell my cider under what is known as a temporary events licence and I've recently found out that instead of the 12 days that I though I could have, I can actually have 12 licence applications but incorporating up to 21 days within any one year.
I really could kick myself, because basically I've just wasted all of July waiting to use my days up in August. Next year, I'll have ten weekends over the busy holiday months of July and August.

Its too late to do anyhing about it now, so wish me luck and although its most unlikley, if you're passing our place, then please feel free to drop in.

I'm just about living my dream. :fc:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 08:30:40 pm by Bodger »

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: The first of five cider weekends.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 08:31:57 pm »
Where are you?

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 10:43:34 pm »
The LLeyn Peninsula, North West Wales. :farmer:

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 11:39:59 pm »
i would so love a cider right now  :yum: :yum: :yum:

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 03:14:18 pm »
Just a quick update. Two of the five cider weekends have now taken place and I've not done too bad really. Two weekends ago I sold 50 gallons of cider and even though the weather was bad on the Sunday, last weekend, I still managed to rehome just over 40 gallons. We're back I action this coming Saturday and Sunday, with me selling at a local show on the Saturday and Karen manning the pumps at home.

Simon O

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Bonkle
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 03:17:22 pm »
you must have a LOT of apples!

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 03:21:44 pm »
I have a few but I have far more friends and neighbours who have apples. :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS