Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: ignorant or just stupid?  (Read 10023 times)

Alicenz

• Joined Apr 2013
Re: ignorant or just stupid?
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2013, 11:10:43 am »
I hope it all worked out wih Blue?  Does Sheepdog have him now??

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2013, 11:17:24 am »
we still have Blue but thanks to sheepdog we are in touch with someone who is assessing Blue next week to see if he's fit to train for work, if he is then this guy reckons he can find him a home so fingers crossed for a happy ending. One very useful of advice I did get was that I should consider getting a working dog that is going into retirement. One that will work when we need it to with our wee flock but will be happy for the most part to mooch around the place rounding up ducks etc...lol
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Alicenz

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2013, 11:36:31 am »
great that things are looking up for Blue - good on you for taking the time. I was glad that Sheepdog joined the thread.  Understandable how stressful it has been and you wanting to do the right thing. Yes I have heard that older farm dogs  can be good  - as long as they are not like the one who i have - he had worked for 10 years and now he is with me says he has had enough!  no way he is going near those pet sheep! He wants to snooze in the sun - and fair enough,  he used to be a top worker! But seriously it could be a good idea. 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS