Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lab meat Burger  (Read 2898 times)

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
Lab meat Burger
« on: July 15, 2013, 10:45:41 pm »
anyone fancy a lab meat burger - not for me thanks.
amazing what they can do though.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/new-%C2%A3210-000-burger-served-in-london-%E2%80%9Cgrown-in-a-lab-dish%E2%80%9D-132252406.html

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
Re: Lab meat Burger
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 10:57:18 pm »
Really leaves me cold the idea of a cultivated burger and grief, the expense of it!!

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 10:00:41 am »
mmmm.....NOT!

Helen

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 10:04:40 am »
 :o ...not using any of my Labs  :o

smudger

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Devon/ West Exmoor
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 11:40:47 am »
Other than the price not sure majority of the fast food chain's customers could tell the difference.

But why? And who is funding this kind of  drivel?  is someone expecting us to be living in some 'Bladerunnner' type existence where we we eat chemically derived 'food'.

Oh, I forgot I do have the occasional cup-a-soup in an emergency.....nothing 'real' in them either.
Traditional and Rare breed livestock -  Golden Guernsey Goats, Blackmoor Flock Shetland and Lleyn Sheep, Pilgrim Geese and Norfolk Black Turkeys. Capallisky Irish Sport Horse Stud.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 11:51:02 am »
To think, my girls  used to love a pot noodle when we went camping...I suspect they contain much else other than the pot!! :innocent:
I never thought about who is paying for the research...what a waste of money :rant:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 01:03:32 pm »
Funny you should mention pot noodles - I spent the morning painting all the concrete sills outside and was so hungry I grabbed a pot noodle out of my mums cupboard (she eats some right junk if she gets away with it!)  Its in the bin now, untouched - the smell alone was enough to make me heave
I did think this was about dog meat when i saw the title, I bet Sandy's having kittens right now  ;D
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 02:06:33 pm »
 :roflanim: :roflanim: , maybe not kitten burgers either..... :innocent: .I had a part time job catering in HP foods and we could buy pot noodles for pennies in the staff shop, I used to buy them to take camping and they were good for a quick snack or with bar b food on the side......I bet they are full of salt, I only like the chicken one if I remember ??? .......I suppose children are more attracted to processed foods due to the high flavour they tend to have due to chemicals!

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 03:38:05 pm »
what happened to the Pot Rice? do they still make them, not on the shelfs in our shops. love pot noodles  :love:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 05:45:05 pm »
I thought this meant labRADOR. What a relief to read on.  :roflanim: But why not? if it helps meat the demand for meat and is cheap enough, it can only be a good thing, surely. Not sure if I would actually eat it though but that's the idea of it rather than wondering what it would taste like. I'm sure people would soon get used to it.

I use soya 'meat' in recipes to cut costs and it tastes fine. Not so much on it's own but if it's added to meat for, say, cottage pie, my OH can't tell the difference (until I tell him what he was eating when he claims he knew all along).

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS