Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Vets  (Read 3848 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Vets
« on: July 27, 2009, 02:49:46 pm »
Has anyone asked their vet for a prescription so they can buy something elsewhere cheaper? One of my Spaniels is on Optimune for dry eye. I just got a new tube from the vet today and it was pennies under £40. 1 tube lasts about a month so it is costly, but does the trick for her. However, on the internet I could buy the identical product for £23.70 with free p&p.

However, the vet will charge me £6.50 for them to write me a prescription and £2 for any other item after the first. Is this normal? It is still working out cheaper than buying from the vet but I think their fee is outrageous.

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
Re: Vets
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 03:17:48 pm »
its expensive but they have to make a living. they are losing all the profit from the sale.
from pets drugs online

Repeat Prescriptions
At Pet Drugs Online, we support repeat prescriptions. Once you have placed an order with us for a prescription product, when we have received your signed prescription form we will log the prescription against your account. If the prescription allows for a repeat order, the prescription products covered by that prescription can be purchased multiple times without the need of obtaining a new prescription. This will expire after the number of maximum repeats has been reached. You can view your prescriptions from the My Account section of the website after you have logged in.

so if its ok for this drug to become a repeat your £6 will be spread out over a number of orders. your still saving £10 so i would go for it.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 03:19:32 pm »
Thanks for that info, very helpful. I will be buying from on line next time and from them on.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 10:16:36 pm »
I didn't know you could get a prescriction from the vets. We use two vets, we have one local to us here, but we still use our old vets in Kinross for some stuff- mainly because they are cheaper! Expecially if we want a bottle of antibiotics or calcium or something like that.

Beth

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 10:21:51 pm »
Hi Beth, well done for the show at the weekend. I saw your mum and your own name in the paper as the owners of the prize winning goats.  :goat:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 11:15:05 pm »
You kept that quiet tonight Beth!  Not like Ally to hide your light under a bushel either lol  Too preoccupied with them ex batts I think.  Good luck for Friday and Saturday.  Hope to see you Sunday at Agility Show
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS