Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Free to good home, two very friendly wether goats, collection only, Perthshire.  (Read 2420 times)

Heyup

• Joined Apr 2011
 I've come to the very sad decision to part with these two ultra-friendly goats.  They're castrated brothers, are four months old and have their horns.  They are Saanen / Tog crosses;  one looks like a Saanen and the other looks like a Tog.  They absolutely must go together.
My reason for parting with them is that the brown one is an escape artist.  My brand-new seven strand paddock fencing is a doddle for him to wriggle through, and quite apart from the damage he's doing to our garden I'm worried that sooner or later he'll make it to a neighbour's garden or wander onto the road.  I don't want to keep him on a tether and would prefer to re-home the pair before I get any more attached to them.  Potential new owners please take note!  You'll need properly goat-proof fencing or some sort of robust enclosure if you're to take on this pair.
Please only ask if you have a CPH number.  The goats are tagged and will come with their collars and lead reins.  If you want them for meat - and I understand someone might - just please don't tell me that!

mintytwoshoes

• Joined Feb 2012
How sad - I would love them but I would have the same problem with the fencing!!!
Hope you find a good home

organic elf

• Joined Jul 2010
I think we can help you out. We are in Perthshire and would love to have goats. We are in Devon on holiday this week but can collect on our return. We have a CPH number and movers doc.s They will be a good addition to the 3 sheep currently doing their best to keep 2 acres of grass down....not a garden for miles around.

Heyup

• Joined Apr 2011
Hi Organic Elf,

That's so kind of you - many thanks.  I have to report, however, that the two lovely boys have (through this brilliant forum) already found a great new family home, where I'm sure they'll be appreciated for the sweet little characters they are.

Best of luck with finding some goats of your own.  They're such nice creatures and I was heartbroken to part with my pair, but having developed the 'knack' of squirming through a stranded fence the little chap was never going to unlearn it and stay put!  As well as the risk of eating our neighbour's garden / straying onto the road, our own garden has plenty of rhododendrons - highly poisonous to goats so I'm lucky he didn't do himself any serious harm.

All the best.  :thumbsup:

Croftgary

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Aberdour,Fife
Morning

I understand this post completely...

I was alerted by the dogs last night to the two wether goats that I had rehomed wandering about the garden. My fences cant seem to cope, other than the back field, which is a shame because they love attention and they are a wee bit out the way there. Therefore if anyone would like to rerehome these two cheeky boys drop me a PM. Im in Aberdour, Fife.
Thanks

Gordon

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS