Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What a happy day!  (Read 2221 times)

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
What a happy day!
« on: July 08, 2013, 03:21:36 pm »
On Saturday a beautiful dog galloped into my garden after I had seen him in the fields next door so I gave him some water which he swooshed down.  Went for a little walkdown the lane to see if someone was missing him.  nobody knew him.

After a couple of hours of phoning round the locals still no nearer finding his owner.  Nice looking dog, sort of retriever/lurcher mix.  Anyway took him to the vet who scanned him and it went beep!  Bad news was they couldn't recognise the number as the prefix was foreign!  Took him down to the local kennels/pound, and said, if you can't find the owner, I'll have him.

Today, an Italian man turned up at my door asking if I had seen his dog!  He cried and kissed my hand when I told him!  I gave him the address of the kennel and phoned them up telling them to expect him.  Apparently the dog knocked the man over withenthusiasm when they were reunited,  Aww!

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: What a happy day!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 03:47:56 pm »
Having both rescued a dog and had my own found due to her chip, I must admit I wept a little tear to read this!

We need Scotland to follow the rest of the UK and make it compulsory, no brainer IMO :fc:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 03:48:13 pm »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Arhhhhhh, stupid I know but I have a tear in my eye, how wonderful

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 03:49:15 pm »
How nice - its lovely when you can reunite a dog with its owner :)
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 04:23:47 pm »
It would hae been nice for you to keep him but even better that he was reunited with his owner and very pleased at that  :thumbsup:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 04:59:33 pm »
 :thumbsup:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 05:02:01 pm »
Lovely story  :thumbsup:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 01:33:41 pm »
Well done you. A lovely ending for dog and owner.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 06:31:51 pm »
I squirm every time a lost dog comes up on Facebook - it is such a huge relief when the tag 'REUNITED' comes up later.

We have a problem just now with another rescue society bring in dogs from Spain - dogs are unbelievably treated over there.   Dumped, then stoned to death, kicked, run over - all sorts.  We don't normally take from abroad but we got landed with two beautifully tempered lads a few months ago - we have found wonderful homes for them both.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS