Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: COME ON ANDY  (Read 10926 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: COME ON ANDY
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2013, 10:55:16 am »
thankyou bloomer
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2013, 10:58:33 am »
Was he the one chasing the bright yellow ball when I flicked the news on last night. Looked a wee bit hot and bothered .... why would anyone do that? ??? :sofa:  Soooooo, don't get sport of a competitive sort. A totally foreign concept to me ... can't help it. Must be genetic as daughter as inherited it or is that nurture  :thinking: .

But, oh well, congratulations Mr Murray ..... wherever you originate from.  ::) :trophy:

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2013, 11:01:05 am »
lots of top quality tennis played but the one player I will be watching out for is Dustin Brown, he has such a unique style, was great to watch and was just delighted to be there  :thumbsup:
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2013, 11:04:21 am »
 :thumbsup: Thanks Bloomer  :relief:  and did anyone what the TV programme about him? , not sure what night it was on but he has always been a very focused young man, now I was not remotely interested for a start but it was truly fascinating and  from watching you could clearly see why and how Andy was so focused and appears as he is....I am sure I would be grumpy if I had to sit in an ice bath!!

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2013, 11:12:37 am »
 :roflanim:  Oh HGL .... you do make me laugh.

Can you pop round for a cup of tea? ...... just made a key lime pie   ;D ;D ;D ;D

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2013, 11:18:08 am »
 :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: ......would love to...as your too far away and I look a mess (usually do) I will join you in a tea break on here...after I have had my "hot" shower though :thumbsup:

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2013, 07:52:59 pm »
Kudos for him donating the prize money. Just another item to add to demonstrate that he isn't in it just for the money.

I always thought it was great of him to stand by RBS in 2008/2009, when he was prepared to renogiate his deal to save RBS money as they were cutting most of their sports sponsorship. He wanted to say to thank you to them for supporting him since he was 13.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2013, 09:17:47 am »
I wonder how much you have to have in the bank before you think you have enough?  I'm not being sarcastic, just thinking what a wonderful thought it would be to donate a large enough sum to make a difference, even if it saves just one life. 

And, even better, to be 26 years young, good looking, talented and have it all including humility.  OH says Andy also gave his winnings from a previous competition to cancer charity too, this isn't the first time he's done it.  :trophy:   :thumbsup:

registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2013, 09:32:48 am »
I listened to his mother giving an interview yesterday - she also has humility - asked 'you must be very proud of him?' the answer was a very quiet 'well, yes'.  I'd have been screaming it from the rooftops!

And incidentally, my previous comments should be read properly - they were in no way political, merely statement of fact - he could be anyone's son in any country. Just so happens he's here.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2013, 09:45:21 am »
the programme about him last night was a real tear jerker. i knew he was from dunblane but i never realised he was at the school at the same time as the tragedy.
 :thumbsup:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2013, 09:50:34 am »
Shygirl, that was the programme I was talking about, I am not a fan of anything much, just dogs!! but, we started to watch that I think it was last week, and I found it touching and riveting, he is such a lovely unassuming person, maybe a bit over focused about winning but that's what's made him who he is, I also had no idea he was at the school at the time too........I am so glad I watched as otherwise I would have just thought of him as a quiet champion when really he is so much more!!  Well done and if I were his mummy I would be wearing an  I love my son T shirt with his photo on and telling everyone just how proud I am of him.......... :excited:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2013, 10:16:27 am »
He hid under a teacher's desk when the shooting was going on - he was very lucky to escape and it has probably traumatized him for life.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2013, 10:25:53 am »
its so terrible. i cant deal with child killers since having my own. just heartbreaking. i think its scarred everyone for life. its so good for dunblane to have a happy ending and be remembered for something positive. it makes you look at Andy in a different way too.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2013, 11:29:10 am »
Just to prove he can smile.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2013, 11:51:03 am »
Does anyone else thing his girlfriend looks a bit like his mum? :eyelashes:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS