Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Farm cats wanted Cambridge  (Read 4077 times)

honeyend

• Joined Oct 2011
Farm cats wanted Cambridge
« on: July 04, 2013, 05:58:18 pm »
Looking for a couple of  older kittens or cats used to being mainly outside but not completely wild, as the ferals I got from the CPL are so wild that I have only seen one twice in six months.
 Will be fed and well looked after but must be willing to work, not like the one I have laid on the bed! Plenty of buildings to patrol.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
Re: Farm cats wanted Cambridge
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 06:29:02 pm »
There is an organisation who (now I may get this wrong) lets you adopt cats for the reasons you are saying, they advertise in the back of Country Smallholder Magazine - I'm not sure that it's the SPCA, but it is a similar body.  There are so many cats needing homes and I think some of them may be semi-feral but you are the sort of person they are looking for - if I find the ad I will post it to you.   :)
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

OldGaffer

• Joined May 2011
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 06:50:06 pm »
I would approach the Cats Protection League again and explain you need a semi-feral cat(s).  We now have a semi-feral cat from CPL and he's great, no more rabbits eating our vegetables, no rodents either! See him several times a day too.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 07:00:46 pm »
Too far from you but I have just caught a torti queen that is going to need a home and so far 1 of her kittens  ::)
Graham

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 12:52:04 am »
I am too far away as well, or you would be able to take a couple of my farm kittens. 

colliewobbles

• Joined Mar 2013
  • South Norfolk
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 11:02:05 am »
Feline Care Cat Rescue are based in SW Norfolk.  I have had a cat from them in the recent past and they are lovely.  I have asked them if they have anything suitable via their Facebook page and they have asked that you get in touch with them, so they may have something suitable.

Their phone number is: 01953 718529

Hope you can find some new furry friends xx  :cat:  :cat:

nicandem

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Berkeley, Glos
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 04:12:47 pm »
the advert in country Smallholding is www.cats.org.uk, or middlesex north west branch of RSPCA, tel 0208 966 9688

Nic

Pasture Farm

• Joined Aug 2011
  • East Lincolnshire
  • Trusty Traca
    • Pasture Poultry
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 04:24:17 pm »
I have a litter of farm kittens.......2 weeks old......mum and dad both hunt  :wave:

honeyend

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 07:10:38 pm »
Thanks for the replies. I am recovering from my husbands 60th birthday party so perhaps after the heat wave I will sort my self out.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS