Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Dizzy World  (Read 3378 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Dizzy World
« on: June 29, 2013, 11:20:58 am »
I have an attack of vertigo at the moment so my life is very dizzy. Think of your worse case of sea sickness and that is how I feel this morning. Been having this for over 17 years and at one point the NHS gave me a coarse on how to manage my dizziness. Pills make me sleepy so I cannot drive ( not that I would ) Did the ponies this morning bouncing of the building walls, be covered in bruises again I expect. I once fell over in the supermarket and people thought I was drunk. OH looking after me inbetween fitting a towbar to my Duster. He is a good lad. O well its one way of getting a rest !

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
Re: Dizzy World
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 11:48:24 am »
That doesn't sound good!

I wonder - a friend of mine was sent to a "balance clinic" after she'd had labyrinthitis, she said it was very good - maybe something like that would help?

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 12:06:56 pm »

Sorry to hear that Sabrina. It must be awful and of course the unpredicatble nature of a "dizzy spell" makes life difficult.
I am not sure if this helps but sometimes a bit of info and news of others can allow you to pursue a track of treatment or simply reassure.

My otherwise fit sister in law had the same for several years. It got so severe that she could not sit in a car and in recent times go out becuase of fear of an attack. She had been on medication and her low BP prompted an ECG and cardiac echo. Finally she was asked to stop medication and go to the Balance Clinic for a range of tests that lasted about an hour. Odd - but since having water put in her ear and hanging upside down etc she feels better ( or maybe it is not being on meds).
She was given a diagnosis of meniere's disease some years ago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A9ni%C3%A8re%27s_disease

it is unclear if the disease has just ran it's course, being of drugs or the balance tests themselves have given her relief but she is now back to her self.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A9ni%C3%A8re%27s_disease

www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 12:59:32 pm »
Yep vertigo is horrid . When i get it bad i exit stage left , fall arse over tit , get really bad nausea , i hate it .
Going anywhere in a car can set it off , or moving my eyes too fast , wtf ?
Mine is due to the head injury , only cure is amputation , er ? I'll leave that for when it gets worse !

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 01:22:29 pm »
That sounds horrid.....do you carry ID? If not it may be a good idea....some not nice things us humans get, I suspect a lot of animals get stuff that we do not know about either..... :bouquet: Hope your dizzy spell is soon over

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 07:22:58 pm »
Mine is caused by damage to my neck which when flares up I have a lack of blood flow to the left hand side of my head. Had loads of test and this is what they came up with. I am also deaf in that ear. Had lots of different treatments over the years, I know how to manage myself quite well now and get back on my feet a lot quicker.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 11:45:02 pm »
Not great though.......wonder if its a trapped nerve......we get some strange things as we age, just like cars, some of us need MOT's. I know I would fail mine :innocent:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 11:49:35 pm »
That doesn't sound good!

I wonder - a friend of mine was sent to a "balance clinic" after she'd had labyrinthitis, she said it was very good - maybe something like that would help?
Wish I'd been told about that, Labyrynthitis is absolutely horrid.  I couldn't even lift my head off the pillow for three days.  My super dooper neighbour let my dogs out for me and brought e cups of tea despite being really busy with their B & B
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 09:24:51 pm »
Hope it's gone by now. I have had dizzy spells but nothing that bad. My neighbour suffers from it though. We once sat with her until 2am waiting for the on-call doctor to come out to her as she was scared to be on her own. It happened when she was about to come downstairs to make a cuppa as she couldn't sleep. She had to come down on her bum and then ring us.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 09:38:07 pm »
Must be very scary if you live alone....although I am never too sure how my husband would react to things! My father in law has the inner ear balance problem, not sure what can be done!! If I move quickly I can get a few seconds dizzy spell due to my spine trapping a nerve, its not very nice but usualy goes very quickly if I keep still""

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 04:01:29 pm »
Back to normal thank goodness. the longest attack I have ever had was 2 wks. that was bad. Had to crawl to the loo.  :innocent:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 09:56:36 pm »
Glad it's ended now and didn't last as long as two weeks. Let's hope that's the last time.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS