Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ooops I've messed up - update  (Read 5756 times)

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
Re: Ooops I've messed up
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 12:09:21 am »
Difficult to identify who's who without though and spray markers just don't shown up on our black to grey babies even yellow, and white ones are useless no matter what the make  :rant: Our lot get neck bling as they get big enough for the collars to stay on. Makes ID easy at just a glance.

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2013, 06:50:57 pm »
Difficult to identify who's who without though and spray markers just don't shown up on our black to grey babies even yellow, and white ones are useless no matter what the make  :rant: Our lot get neck bling as they get big enough for the collars to stay on. Makes ID easy at just a glance.

Thats interesting, what sort of collars do you use as my coloured ryelands have been a bit of a pain this year to identify.
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

Herdygirl

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 09:53:26 pm »
I have yet to find a marker spray that works on Herdwicks.  we have a lot of 'smudge' lambs who belong to that 'smear' ewe  ::)

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2013, 11:07:13 pm »
I get them from Dalton AKA Tags4U. You get rubber neck collars (ie: with some stretch in them to get over bigger headed sheep) and tags in a variety of colors which attach to the collar via a 'd' link. Tags can be printed up with number/name etc or you can write it on yourself with the markers they also provide (other markers, even Sharpies don't work)

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2013, 06:21:28 pm »
Thanks for that. Well worth considering.

Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2013, 11:43:58 am »
We removed the incorrect tags this morning. Secateurs worked well at cutting through them. New tags have been put in the holes where the old ones were removed.
Job done  :thumbsup: 
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS