Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: "Kill, pluck, gut and bone" course in Barry, Angus, 5th and 6th October  (Read 2809 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
We're hosting a "Kill, pluck, gut and bone" course, run by Alison Weather, on Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th October.

It's £90 a place or £170 if two people share a place. Each place includes two chickens to take home.

Follow the link for more details, to book and pay via Alison's website.

We'll be providing light refreshments  :)

http://www.smallholding-skills.co.uk/courses/kill-pluck-gut-and-bone-course-in-barry-angus.php

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
very tempting

as poultry for the table is my most likely avenue to putting meat on the table in the next year or two...

am i reading it as 1 course on each day (not a 2 day course)

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Eek I'm quite tempted, just trying to work out if I can bring myself to do the deed....:-)) I know I should as I eat chicken!

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
I was a bit confused by all the booking links on the right, they have 10.30am on 5th but also 11.30am and 2.30 and 3.30, all on 5th Oct How does that work if the course lasts 3 hours ish?? (can understand there would be two courses a day but not ones an hour apart??)

Am considering booking but don't want to click a zombie link that isn't meant to be there or anything!

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
This would be perfect as our cockerel chick is due to go around mid October  :sofa:  and we could both do with guidance for our first time.

( Does anybody want the use of two boys for farm work in October  One is 5 yrs, one is 11yrs  ;)  Hard workers. Work with poultry, cats and dogs. Good gardeners around veg patches and mow lawns, strim chop wood )

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Bump  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS