Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Care for elderly and disabled  (Read 2254 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Care for elderly and disabled
« on: June 20, 2013, 06:37:38 pm »

Right now, the chancellor George Osborne is deciding whether to carry on cutting care for older and disabled people, or whether to give it the funding it deserves.

Shocking figures show that government spending in this area has gone down 20% in the past three years, even though many more people need care. [1]

In less than a week's time, Osborne will set out the government’s spending plans for 2015/16. He’s making the final decisions now. Older and disabled people need funding for more carers and more care, not less.

We need to let him know he won’t get away with making cuts that affect the people who are the most vulnerable.

Can you sign the petition to tell George Osborne, it’s time to spend money on care and stop cutting it.

https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/care-funding

Fanackapan

• Joined Jun 2013
    • Facebook
Re: Care for elderly and disabled
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 07:11:48 pm »
Done Goatlady.
My mum lived with Eck and myself for the last 20 years of her life until her death last year, not everyone can (or wants to) help their parents in this way so the elderly need as many resources available to them as possible, certainly don't need the likes of Mr Osbourne taking them away.

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 07:30:47 pm »
Signed .....

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 07:08:26 am »
I used to work as a community care worker and most of my clients were private, i.e. they had the money to pay their care, however, the company I worked for were also employed by social services to look after some of their clients if they couldn't provide alternative care. The difference in 1) the standard of living and 2) the amount of care they were given was enormous. For social services cases you had to book in on the phone when you arrived and book out when you left, they were very strict with timings. It was very sad to go and see someone who lives alone and can't look after themselves, maybe change their bandages, give them their medication and then leave them when it might be another 24 hours before they speak to another human being. I have found most people requiring care would rather have someone come and sit and have a chat and a cuppa with them than anything else in the world. Unfortunately alot of people in the care system live lonely lives in poor conditions and their is no money to help them.

Wee Eck

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Lennoxtown Scotland
    • Homes4Hens Glasgow Collection Point
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 07:21:19 am »
Signed it..I think it is disgusting the way governments look for easy targets when spending cuts are to be made. There are so many other..obvious things that could be cut if the powers at be really want to save money..............DON'T GET ME STARTED  :rant: :rant: :rant:

Eck  :thumbsup:

Raine

• Joined May 2011
  • Lincoln
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 07:35:48 am »
 :wave:
Signed and shared on FB.

Brandi

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 08:37:36 pm »
Done

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 08:46:33 pm »
Thanks, folks.

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 08:48:38 pm »
Signed :thumbsup:
Anne

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS