Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Dumped kitten  (Read 9685 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Re: Dumped kitten
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 10:05:01 am »
One lucky little kitten.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 10:15:22 am »
In our local Scot-Adds there are loads of kittens for sale for anything up to £80. I feel people who in the past would have spayed their female cats now see them as a way to make money. When kittens do not sell, they are dumped. Same with puppies. Cross bred Westies with a Cocker spaniel  £600 good family dogs. Can you imagine what they will grow up to be like. Little terrors I expect and far from a family dog. I know someone who takes on bitches free to good home, has puppies then will sell the bitch dogs are well looked after  at least.. All about making money

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 10:32:39 pm »
Agree Sabrina  :rant:

How is little one doing?

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 09:16:38 am »
Yes, how is he and does he have a name yet?

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 10:04:22 am »
I assume the building supplies weren't a new delivery he might have wandered into from near their yard?

Probably dumped as you say, but I've had a young cat climb into my car in the past and one of mine tried to hitch a lift in the back of a horsebox after going up the ramp, both safely returned but you hear all sorts of cat adventure stories that weren't planned dumps but curiosity gone a little far..

I'm voting Bob tho.. ;)
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 10:34:35 pm »
Hi
We have called him Bertie, He has settled in very well. Much to the disgust to our cats, especially Dali who is a 7kg Burmese who runs spitting from him!

Bertie is very fearless and has been out and met the chickens and cockerel who also has attitude.

We have had ducklings in a plasters bath in the kitchen and he has had great fun getting on the top of it and walking around the edge!

Have found him several times lying on top of the dog while she sleeps! Need to get a picture.

Never a dull moment here :-J

Don't think he came with any delivery as materials have been here a while. I have asked again at the vets and also a local forum and village newsagent, but no one has reported a missing kitten.

I agree that some people seem to think it is a way of making easy  money. There is a person on the local village forum looking for a male rottie to mate her female. It makes my blood boil :rant: but makes a change from staffies.
Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2013, 01:38:11 pm »
I have 2 cats .Barnaby who thinks he should be king pin around here and Jacs. She came to us from my son when he moved near a busy road. The get on more or less and catch lots of mice. Last night girls were riding in the field. I was holding Rory while Emma had a canter. All of a sudden Jacs jumped right onto Rory's back. Poor pony got the fright of his life. Never know Jacs to go near the ponies before but last night she was rubbing up their legs as if they were her best friends.  Both my neighbours also have cats but they seem to stay around their own house as I have never seen them up with us. Barnaby I expect would beat them up.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS