Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Oh, no Mogwai  (Read 1053 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Oh, no Mogwai
« on: June 19, 2013, 03:35:57 pm »
Last night Mogwai one of the Kune Kunes had got through into the pygmy billy goats area.  He is not in the best of moods at the moment (thats putting it mildly) as there is a female in season, and he is hell bent on getting to her.  The noises he calls resemble an elephant, and he keeps head butting the fences.

Mogwai obviously wanted his grass.  He chased her round a bit, and butted her, but she refused to come out.  Husband came home, and he tried, but no .....we got her to the gate and she ran off again, and at one point went in goats hut ....eeekk.....no one but no one is allowed in there.

Our posh neighbours family were in the garden having a barbeque - so goodness knows what they thought to the racket of us two chasing pig, who was chased by billy goat, and the screech of the pig, combined with the noise of the billy goat.  Must have taken a good half hour, and eventually she squeezed under the fence.  Made good the fence- or so we thought.

Came this afternoon - and guess what?  Husband will not help me get her out this time - he was fuming last night.

HappyHippy

Re: Oh, no Mogwai
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 07:04:29 pm »
Ooops  :innocent:
Is she in season by any chance Roxy ? It could be she's feeling a little frisky and can detect a male presence  ;)

On a more serious note, I have heard of Kunekunes being fatally injured after getting in with horned goats (not sure if your are horney  :-J or disbudded) so it might be worth making sure she can't get in again - I'm thinking electric tape or solid boards.
Karen

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS