Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: the call has been made  (Read 2794 times)

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
the call has been made
« on: June 20, 2013, 06:55:50 pm »
 :excited: well due to work, we had to re-arrange things ... and are heading to wales tomorrow, i have booked 3 viewings and got to speak to one of the vendors personally on the phone.... he loves our idea and has said, if we really like the place , he would be willing to hold on for a while...

anyway !! we have our kayaking weekend where we take children with disabilities out on kayaks...so that will be great fun..then off down to view  on monday morning :excited: :excited:

can i say a massive thankyou to linda and David who have been more than fantastic with some great  offers...
I don't know how time will pan out, but i really would like to thankyou both....

i have asked if we can take some film footage, and been told to do as i please  :thumbsup:

better go off now and finish tidying the van .....  :roflanim: or ile have helen moaning for the 5 hour trip...  :rant:  :roflanim:

Fanackapan

• Joined Jun 2013
    • Facebook
Re: the call has been made
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 07:00:35 pm »
As a recent addition to the forum, I am not totally certain , what you are on about but is the jist that you are thinking of a move and looking for property with land in Wales ? All sounds very exciting if so. Bet your hands were sweaty when you made the call !

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 07:22:37 pm »
Hi fanackapan
yes , a few years ago helen and myself bought a small holding in france.... we started to do the place up so we had some living accommodation before we made the final move.....the crash bang wallop...mum was diagnosed with Alzheimers... over the next few years mum got worse..and we had to be realistic and say we couldn't give mum the care she really needed 24/7, this also meant we never got to go back to france ...4 years just passed us by

Mum is now in care and has reached the point where she don't recognise me as her son....

work has become a pain..i seem to be chasing payments which take longer and longer...

out of the blue a few months ago, I said to my helen..would you move to Wales... without hesitation she said yes, what you got planned..so i said if we can sell the french farm we could buy a place to do up and have a little bit of land.... her 1st words was, "like france ,but in Wales".... "yep" was my reply

the expression said it all...i knew she wanted this as much as me... so i made i call to my french neighbour to say we are going to put the place on the market...he said..i want it .... deal done  :thumbsup: I do like things that are simple  :roflanim:

anyway..i found this site and had some fantastic reading and just knew with all the ups and downs i read about, this is what i really want.... so as they say, the ball has started rolling...

i know or i should say we both know, if we don't try this..we will regret it... we havn't been happy with our everyday life style for years, as we both know what we really want to try.... and we both know its not all sunshine and roses,

but one thing has stood out even before getting our place over here.... the community on sites like this..having that verbal backup is almost priceless

john

Fanackapan

• Joined Jun 2013
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 07:41:59 pm »
First of all John, thanks for the reply and putting me in the picture and secondly, I am sorry about your Mum, such a difficult thing to have to deal with.
Pleased that the deal was done on your French property without fuss, thats a bit like the Gods saying ' go on my son'.
Do you have a favoured part in Wales , personally I really like the West ?

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 08:27:30 pm »
Have a great trip over here.... and happy viewing (is an interesting experience and not necessarily what you expect!)

If you are passing this way drop in

Linda
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Torrin37

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 08:37:25 pm »
How exciting to be taking that first step (even if it is a first step again iyswim!) Good luck, hope the viewings go well  :)

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 09:25:00 pm »
Thanks guys..cheers linda... yep its south west wales we are looking at.. lots of names i can't even get my tongue around  :roflanim: had a great conversation with one of my welsh friends tonight...i think je is as excited as us   :roflanim:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 08:38:42 am »
John and Helen, I am only a few minutes away from Linda (backinwellies) so feel free to drop in here too if you want.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 09:07:57 am »
Which bit of Gods country are you hoping to move too? :raining:

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 10:30:04 am »
Carmarthenshire is the 1st choice ..... but to be honest, as long as we get what we are looking for, and the area is nice..well who knows

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS