Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pups....  (Read 4770 times)

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
Pups....
« on: June 17, 2013, 01:25:18 pm »
.....are everywhere.  I went to visit a friend's accidental litter of cockers x springers....sooo gorgeous!  Another friend is picking up a spinone pup tomorrow so will be going to see her and.....

.....i am hopefully going to see a litter of gwps at the weekend to pick my pup.  They are only 4 weeks old so not ready to come home.  Very exciting litter as my old wire, who I lost 18 months ago, is the grand sire.  Hoping to get back into showing with her as well.

Exciting times!

Helen

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Pups....
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 02:12:24 pm »
Lovely  :) Looking forward to seeing pics of your new puppy  :excited:

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 02:14:48 pm »
I dare not even look for any puppies for sale near to me  :innocent:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 03:41:16 pm »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 06:56:58 pm »
Oh boy, I'd love another wirey - there's only one place I'd go for one though.  I haven't asked but I might just get one in partnership, as she's done that with others. Can't make up my mind on that or another Brittany - I know of a litter coming in 4 weeks out of the granddaughter of my three by a dog that goes back third generation to two of mine.  So it would be my own breeding, and not too close, but I'm just torn.  You must put up GWP pup photos when you go to see them.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 08:56:40 am »
Thanks all.  Can't go to visit this weekend as the breeder is busy but definitely going the following weekend. :)

Are you talking about Pat?  There is something about family, isn't there.  This litter is a repeat mating and I have met a pup from the first mating, and she is just my sort.  The breeder is doing pretty well in the show ring at the moment too.

Helen

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 12:42:13 pm »
No, Sharon (Bareve) - some of Pat's lines come from hers .  Pat doesn't breed now, although she has a young bitch she got back, but I wouldn't be interested a pup from that..   More likely to keep to the breed I know and my own lines if anything, I think.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 02:06:08 pm »
I know Sharon and it was a toss up of one of hers or this litter.  The lines over ruled this one.

Helen

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 03:46:27 pm »
Which lines?

Think I might just stick to Brittanys, although you don't trip over a big dog the same as over these things.  They move every time you go near them.  Duddy Blogs!  :rant:

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 06:30:41 pm »
Goes back to Wassetwire and Gavic. Karl O'Connor (Karlejay) is the breeder.

OH always fancied a Brit for grouse counting.

Helen
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 06:33:36 pm by HelenVF »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 06:34:04 pm »
Aha, Gumps then lol

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 05:33:10 pm »
Yes :)

Saw my friend's spinone pup today! He is gorgeous, and sooo tiny next to her adult spins! Lol

Helen

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2013, 12:06:26 am »
Any Bannonbrig in them?

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 06:31:25 pm »
Not sure. I know he goes back to one of her spins (sophalb - I think).

Helen

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS