Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Good home needed urgently for a horse  (Read 2222 times)

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Good home needed urgently for a horse
« on: June 17, 2013, 10:35:28 am »
I'm passing this on, that came in the emails from the smallholder's association I belong to.

Good home required urgently for 15 hh chestnut horse, 18 years young,
still being ridden, forward going very good in stable and excellent
manners and nature.
Due to personal circumstance the owner is trying to find a new home for
the horse otherwise it will have to be put down as she is having to move
and cannot take it with her. I don't think she wants any money for it just
a good home.
If any one can help this horse please PM me for the lady's phone number

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
Re: Good home needed urgently for a horse
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 01:38:07 pm »
Maybe the wrong area, but places like Horseworld (Bristol) take in horses/ponies such as this - particularly if still rideable.   I am sure there must be other similar places in your area.  She sounds a lovely horse - hope she does find somewhere as 18 is not old for a horse nowadays!   

littlelugs

• Joined Aug 2011
  • carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 02:33:40 pm »
Shame I live so far away, I would have taken it in but I have no way of getting it from Cumbria :( I will see if any of my mates in Cumbria may have room for another horse but to be honest I'm not hopeful as when I was last in Cumbria visiting my family they all seemed full up with new born foals. if you don't hear back from me before the end of the day presume I have been unsuccessful.
Lea

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 05:07:37 pm »
Well, it's in North Yorkshire somewhere, but I don't suppose that's any closer to you!

Thanks for trying  :)

Julestools

• Joined Mar 2013
  • In my shed
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 07:02:21 pm »
Mate in Cumbria has just taken on four abandoned horses. I really dont think he could handle any more....

smudger

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Devon/ West Exmoor
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 12:52:20 pm »
The Calvert Trust in Exmoor were looking for quiet geldings for their guests to ride - I know not local but they do have other centres plus there must be similar enterprises in other parts of the UK.  Are there no charities which will help?  It does seem ridiculous that badly neglected horses on point of death are saved / rehabilitated but intervention/ help for owners before that stage isn't available?
Traditional and Rare breed livestock -  Golden Guernsey Goats, Blackmoor Flock Shetland and Lleyn Sheep, Pilgrim Geese and Norfolk Black Turkeys. Capallisky Irish Sport Horse Stud.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS