Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: favourite film /series  (Read 13392 times)

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
Re: favourite film /series
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 09:41:53 pm »
Tellytubbies

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 09:42:25 pm »
Favourite films - Men in Black, Lord of the rings, The Bodyguard, The Highlander ( only the first one ), Rocky Horror Show

Series - NCIS, Life on Mars ( only the first two series ), Call The Midwife,

Comedy - Celebrity Juice ( sorry folks, lowered the tone  ;D )

Bert

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Isle of Mull
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 09:44:04 pm »
How could I forget monty python  :o
 Life of Brian
 Search for the holy grail

Now I'm done.

Fanackapan

• Joined Jun 2013
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2013, 09:45:03 pm »
I am/was a real fan of Merlin, though have to say these last few months have seen quite a few good mini series like Broadchurch and I also enjoyed The Village , though I found it pretty harrowing , still I look forward to the return in maybe a happier time.
Thought the Marigold Hotel and The Kings Speech were both good films, ones that I would happily watch again. I also admit to owning Mama Mia and watch that now and again , daft story , nice looking chaps and good songs , that suits me.

Wee Eck

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Lennoxtown Scotland
    • Homes4Hens Glasgow Collection Point
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2013, 09:46:43 pm »
Eck will NEVER get to sleep tonight as more & more films keep coming into my head

War Horse
Skyfall (Agree Happygolucky) Daniel Craig is the best ever Bond
The Horse Whisperer
Soldier Blue
Coal Miners Daughter
Mama Mia  ( :-[ )
Sophies Choice
And a River ran through it
Cool Hand Luke
Serpico

Wee Eck

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Lennoxtown Scotland
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2013, 07:48:23 am »
I knew it..........................names of films running around in my head all the time

JFK
The Accused
Silence Of The Lambs
Cabaret
Dr Zhivago
South Pacific

Wee Eck

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Lennoxtown Scotland
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2013, 09:57:02 am »
OMG .....How could I forget...

All the Indiana Jones Movies..................BRILLIANT  !!! ( Annie hates them BTW... :huff:)

Eck

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2013, 10:38:14 am »
Yup all the above again with the exeption of the Tellytubbies, Alister, really?, mind you, they are very amusing indeed, I just am not a fan as they remind me of me in a velour tracksuit......just too painful to watch ::)
I love the Rocky Horror film so much I bought the DVD and some scenes are so much fun, been to a live performance with people dressed up and its brill!!
I used to love Star wars but gone off them a bit now.....also as far as TV is concerned

Father Ted :thumbsup:

Wee Eck

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Lennoxtown Scotland
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 12:04:33 pm »
Yup all the above again with the exeption of the Tellytubbies, Alister, really?, mind you, they are very amusing indeed, I just am not a fan as they remind me of me in a velour tracksuit......just too painful to watch ::)
I love the Rocky Horror film so much I bought the DVD and some scenes are so much fun, been to a live performance with people dressed up and its brill!!
I used to love Star wars but gone off them a bit now.....also as far as TV is concerned

Father Ted :thumbsup:

Annie & I went to the Rocky Horror Show in Glasgow and yes ..................we dressed up too  :-[

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 12:56:37 pm »
Teletubbies - aaaaaagh. my 4 girls used to watch the videos over and over and over again...then the Tweenies. Even now my blood goes cold.

I like anything paranormal or a bit scary (apart from tweenies, that's beyond my fear threshold) 
Broadchurch was good as was the one filmed in Derbyshire with John Sim (can't remember name)

Boy in the Striped pyjamas was a good film, left me tearful.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2013, 02:17:06 pm »
Films - Lord of the Rings, Field of Dreams, Bull Durham, Dances with Wolves (actually almost anything with Kevin Costner in it apart from "Message in a  Bottle" and "Perfect World" which don't have happy endings); Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, the three original Star Wars.

TV - don't watch much TV but Downton Abbey and Foyles War. Also loved "The Thick of it", "Modern Family", "My Name is Earl" and now enjoying "Big Bang Theory"

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2013, 01:11:45 am »
Film: Slumdog Millionnaire

TV series: 24 hours in A&E

comedy: Mrs Browns Boys  :thumbsup:
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2013, 10:57:10 pm »
Alistair!! Tellytubbies? Really...

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2013, 12:17:29 am »
we sat down last winter as a family and watched the complete harry potter series. (the books were good too.) everyone really enjoyed it. now if we move up north and the kids go to boarding school, the kids have high expectations....
my kids watch lord of the rings but i cant get into that so much as i find it a bit boring.

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2013, 07:10:25 pm »
Films: The Secret Life of Bees, The Green Mile, Avatar, The King's Speech, My Sister's Keeper, The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, Pan's Labyrinth, Saving Private Ryan
TV Series: Silent Witness, Medium, Luther, Most Haunted, Lie to Me
Comedy: Mrs Brown's Boys, Miranda, 'Allo 'Allo
- to name but a few  ;D
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS