Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wedding  (Read 6438 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Wedding
« on: June 12, 2013, 06:54:05 pm »
Just been shopping with a friend to get my mother of the bridegroom outfit. Surprisingly, I had a really good time and ended up with three dresses but it was no contest as to which one I will be wearing on the day. Also bought shoes, a lovely bag and a fascinator. The fascinator cost £30 which is ridiculous for a couple of feathers attached to a plastic Alice band but my friend wants to buy it from me afterwards for a wedding she is going to.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Wedding
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 06:56:37 pm »
Glad you had a nice day. I just love fascinators
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 07:03:57 pm »
They fascinate me  :roflanim:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 07:07:48 pm »
lovely, bet you're very excited now!
Has  Mister got his suit?  top hat?!  ;)
Little Blue

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 07:36:56 pm »
good day then  :thumbsup:

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 07:47:59 pm »
Excellent, I'm glad you had both a good day and a good haul  :thumbsup:

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 07:52:43 pm »
How exciting  :excited: .  The best reason ever to buy a new outfit or three!
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 08:17:53 pm »
When's the wedding. Hope we get to see some pictures. I love a good wedding!!

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 08:25:43 pm »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: , nothing worse than shopping for an outfit and not finding anything, to find 3 is better still BUT, how you going to wear them all?
I hate wearing hats so I suppose a few feathers on an alice band is much better.....some one is making a bit on the side, I wonder anyone here could sell thier cockeril feathers etc or make them themselves!!!
Hope you post some photos :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 08:28:15 pm »
The wedding is on 29th and we will be heading to Cambridge on 24th. Our future daughter-in-law is a Cambridge girl. I have made the wedding cake - all four tiers of it - and this afternoon delivered it to the lady who is going to ice it for us. Sandy, it could be a nice side-line for someone. I wasn't going to bother with anything on my head but I was over ruled by my 'personal shopper'. At least my mother will approve. she's already told me she is wearing ' one of those little things with feathers'.

My son and the immediate wedding party will be wearing kilts (the men only) and my OH was horrified when I told him that all the men were expected to have kilts. "No way," he cried so I relented and told him it was only the best man and groomsmen as well as Richard. OH is wearing a three piece suit in grey with a very smart waistcoat. I've told him he has to have a new shirt and tie. He can't see the point as he rarely wears shirts and he 'already has ties'. Yes, about thirty year old ties and his shirts aren't much newer. He's having a new shirt and tie and that's that.  ;D I'm thinking pink would go with the waistcoat but I might have to bend the truth about the colour a bit. Just as well he's blind and has to take my word for it.  :roflanim:

I'm very excited now.  :excited: :excited: :excited:

I will post piccies.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 08:33:53 pm »
I so love men in kilts.......you may have to pre warn all your guests not to let on that your OH shirt is pink, some one is bound to let the cat out the bag and then  he will never trust you again!!! :thumbsup:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 09:39:33 pm »
When we were first together, I was colouring my hair one day and offered to put some on his. Afterwards I told him his hair had gone pink. He was just about to go to a committee meeting. My friends came round and kept up the joke for a while then made me tell him the truth (it looked just the same as before) before he left. I could have kept it going for days.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2013, 05:42:13 pm »
 :roflanim: , now that's exploitation; or something...but very funny :roflanim:
Hope the wedding went  brilliantly and no fights! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2013, 09:04:25 pm »
The font of all things modern has gone away for a few days to see her daughter. Dare I google "facinators" ??  :fc:
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Hassle

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2013, 09:05:49 pm »
I hope you got your dress in white  :excited:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS