Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Was I seeing things?  (Read 1620 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Was I seeing things?
« on: June 12, 2013, 04:26:49 pm »
4 farm kittens are ready to leave their mum now. Was watching them this afternoon,havingfun,chasing each other and wrestling.  They are in the old Bedford horse wagon, in the living bit.  Looked up to the Luton, and also watching them was ......another kitten.  Did a quick headcount, and yes, all 4 still playing.  The extra one has more white on its face, and maybe a little younger.  It saw me watching it and ran off and hid.

I did wonder if I was seeing things and there was no kitten, but pretty sure it was real.  Puzzled as to who its mum is.  Picked up the only other female down that area, who is not speyed, and she did not look to have milk or be feeding.  I can only assume this kitten is jumping down after I leave at night, and eating any feed and biscuits left by the others (not that they leave much)>

The 4 kittens have been handled, this one obviously has had no human contact, so will be to all intents and purposes wild.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Was I seeing things?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 07:12:17 pm »
wild ...like my two??!!  ;)  :ROFL:

at least the little one is getting a feed...even if it is at your expense
Little Blue

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Was I seeing things?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 11:40:17 pm »
 :love:  maybe the runt of the litter, smaller and bullied so waits until all is quiet before emerging ? Just a thought.

They can be readily tamed but the earlier the better  ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS