Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anglo Nubian Goats  (Read 4951 times)

tirdu

• Joined Feb 2009
Anglo Nubian Goats
« on: July 19, 2009, 10:11:53 pm »
He everyone, really want to start keeping goats and would like any information of any nannie kids or goatling which anyone may no of for sale anywere as near as possible to ceredigion, wales. Preferably Anglo Nubian or other dairy breeds considered. Pedigree papaers not an issue as only wont for there milk not to breed showing stock etc.  Thanks

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Anglo Nubian Goats
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 11:34:15 pm »
I hope you find what you are looking for.  I am on the look out too, and milking goats seem in short supply in my area, and any there are, seem to me to be very expensive.  There again, its a good few years since I bought a goat, having always bred my own.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 12:26:50 am »
I have had more enquiries than I care to remember this year for AN milkers. They seem to be in short supply. I have one that I am selling in October/November, and she has been booked since March!

I do know someone who may be looking to part with some stock, but he is away up here near Kinross- and he leaves the kids on the mothers so none are used to being hand milked.

Beth

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 10:16:27 am »
Isn't it strange how trends change and now all of a sudden so many people want to keep goats.

tirdu

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 06:53:39 pm »
Umm seems like it could be a struggle to get any soon then  :(  ;D :D

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 07:00:57 pm »
If you are prepared to travel get on the internet and look, look and look. I got my 2 Toggenburg kids that way - by finding this site actually and then I decided I wanted 2 Golden Guernseys and got on the internet and had to travel to Cumbria but I got what I wanted. So, don't give up just keep trying. Try www.ukgoats.co.uk, good luck.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 10:52:20 pm »
There are some goats on there- not sure if any near enough you though. You may find some people who show might be thinking about parting with some into the autumn. Most only keep a certain number through the winter.

Beth

tirdu

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 01:33:03 pm »
Still looking  :( :D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS