Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Stupid goat  (Read 2512 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Stupid goat
« on: June 09, 2013, 10:19:34 pm »
Twice in the last two days Cloud has got here head stuck through a sheep hurdle. She stands and bleats for help. I do my best to get her head at the right angle but it seems there is no way it can possibly go back through (she doesn't have horns) as her head looks bigger than the gap. After an age, when I am thinking she is going to be there for ever, she calms wriggles and gets it free.

Is she just stupid or am I for falling for it?

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
Re: Stupid goat
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 10:33:45 pm »
Twice in the last two days Cloud has got here head stuck through a sheep hurdle. She stands and bleats for help. I do my best to get her head at the right angle but it seems there is no way it can possibly go back through (she doesn't have horns) as her head looks bigger than the gap. After an age, when I am thinking she is going to be there for ever, she calms wriggles and gets it free.

Is she just stupid or am I for falling for it?
She will get along great with Bluebell , she is exactly the same and now she is kept well away from them because the last time I had to use a jack to open the bars after 40 mins  ::)
Graham

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 08:26:50 am »
I have one kid who keeps putting her head through the stock netting them stands screaming to the point my well meaning neighbours cut my fence!  :rant:  The little monkey usually can get it out I just wish her horns would grow a bit and stop her getting it through.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 01:12:50 pm »
I only have pups but they always shove themselves into tight corners or gaps and get stuck, so do children....I suppose their spacial awareness is not too good...neither is mine as I keep trying to fit into tight leggins

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 10:00:10 pm »
I suppose their spacial awareness is not too good...neither is mine as I keep trying to fit into tight leggins

:roflanim:

I've now tied another hurdle across to the gaps aren't so wide. So far so good. Don't fancy having to use a jack.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 12:06:24 am »
So for tonight's instalment on the mad goat.

We have a small conservatory off our kitchen, which is where I do the milking. When I return Pom to the yard, I have two buckets to carry so Cloud often gets out. If I haven't shut the conservatory door she goes straight in. She's convinced that something really, really exciting happens in there that she is missing out on.

Tonight I forgot to shut it and in she went but the wind promptly blew it shut. This freaked her somwhat and, as soon as I opened the door she rushed out and back to the yard. The yard gate had also blown shut so Cloud tried to get in through a gap measuring approx 12 inches x 12 inches tapering down to 2 inches. She nearly had the gate off its hinges before I hauled her out.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 09:58:32 am »
Oh dear, sometimes we all must wish we could reason with our animals.........they are very testing some times but then again so are children :thumbsup:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 09:08:58 pm »
And at least goats don't answer back! Gotta love them.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS