Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: im being stalked  (Read 1588 times)

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
im being stalked
« on: June 01, 2013, 09:42:56 pm »
i was browsing on-line last week, for a new bridle on robinsons country leisure website  -now im being followed by them as on nearly every site i go on their ad for bridles pops up. argh, its getting really annoying. how can i stop this? i wont buy from them on principle now  :-[

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: im being stalked
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 09:45:34 pm »
I've had this happen with various things I've looked at online. Annoying to say the least.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 09:48:11 pm »
When I look on Gumtree or house sites etc, adds come up for what I  have been looking at all the time...its strange but I do understand it and how it works, not sure you can do much!! ???

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 10:03:57 pm »
Try clearing your browsing history, cookies and data. It's irritating in that all your passwords won't be automatically remembered on sites and you'll have to re-enter them - but it might just wipe out that annoying bit of data that tells them you were looking at bridles.

Then I should email telling them that you'll now never buy from them and that you've warned all of us too! Perhaps they'll change their tactics if they realise it's actually losing them custom.

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 10:12:57 pm »
thanks jaykay. i think il do that. iv been a customer for 25 yrs but cant stand being hassled.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 11:35:16 pm »
CCleaner is really fast in tidying all of these up in one go, it's free and we run it every day. Then I'd use a free anti-spyandmalware program to remove more hostile cookies and similar nasties. Free AVG antivirus and spybot search and destroy are all good. :&>

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 08:03:57 am »
its not them doing it, its your browser,

the adds trigger off things you search online

i get lots of adds for screwfix, mrs b gets lots of adds for body shop.

you can clear your browser history or get something like adblocker to limit the problem, remeber advertising is a billion pound business and they are good at what they do...

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 08:52:33 am »
Go here:

http://www.aboutads.info/choices/

And you can opt-out of behavioural ads.  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS