Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: My littlejulie just got neutered  (Read 2095 times)

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
My littlejulie just got neutered
« on: May 30, 2013, 09:47:20 pm »
Oh bless

She is just so not herself, poor litte thing, asleep in her new bonnet, just want to get in her crate and cuddle her....

I know it for the best, but it's ever affected me quite a much as this before, it's the longest s she's been away fro me since 5 weeks old, and it's the first time I've actually been sat by the phone waiting for the vet to ring

Christ, I'm getting soppy in my old age

Anyway awwwww for icle Julie sparkles,, she's asleep

:love: :love: :love: :love:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: My littlejulie just got neutered
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 10:45:50 pm »
I worry when I take our dogs to the vets, you feel so mean, my eldest labrador was neutered some time ago but looks full of life and fun now, I am glad we got her done while  young like her daughter, they aer my children as well, its not soppy its natural!!!!  Oh and  I was neautered while young too :innocent:

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 05:32:53 pm »
Just an update....

NOT best chuffed with the vets, the operation & scar are fine, all healing well but they have butchered her with the clippers, poor thing has the worst clipper burn on either side of her scar, they've properly made her red raw on her first ribs, so on Saturday when she had her check up they've prescribed a steroid gel, and then charged me for it, anyway poor little mite is obviously irritated by it and having to wear baby socks to stop her scratching it which is almost as upsetting for her as the big silly cone round her head

It not fair on her, poor thing has a big op, but gets more trouble from the clipper burn, if they'd told me where they wanted her shaved I'd have done it myself, I've got a 50 blade etc etc

Anyway back to the vets tomorrow re the clipper burn, no prisoners tomorrow, I will make my feelings quite known, and "it happens" their excuse yesterday will not be good enough

Rant over, poor little thing needs a tickle now

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 08:34:39 pm »
You can get a softie collar - your vets will have these. Demand one! And use sudocrem for the clipper burn, and ask for a refund on the steroid cream - too much of that is as bad as the clipper burn.  Some of these vets need a stick taken to them!  :rant:
Here's Allez with his blue softie collar after his first operation.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 09:15:15 pm »
Cheers Annie
Well not happy and will be screaming tomorrow, bloody amateurs when it comes to clippers, maybe I can sell my services for tuition, it's not even as though they don't know what I do for a living, and the fact I take 4 dogs to them

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 02:29:02 pm »
My vets don't stock softie collars  :rant:

Julie's much better today however dried up nearly everywhere and she's less distressed than she has been

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 02:41:57 pm »
Julie will never forgive you Alister  :innocent: , glad she is better.......we never  had a problem when ours were neutered, they did not even scratch thier stitches...I hate those lamp shades...... :innocent:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 03:41:40 pm »
Allez is about to go through teh same procedure again - the gland on the other side has ruptured too, so he'll be like a shorn sheep for another few weeks.  :'(
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS