Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: I've had a lovely day  (Read 2490 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
I've had a lovely day
« on: May 27, 2013, 10:25:51 pm »
My spinning group go every year to a local farm park to give a spinning demonstration. This is to go with the annual sheep shearing demo and we can choose any fleeces we want. Although I didn't get much spinning done (I'm still very much a beginner) I was able to get to know more members of the group and came home with three huge fleeces.  :excited: :excited:

Orinoco

• Joined Dec 2012
Re: I've had a lovely day
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 10:36:12 pm »
This is the great thing about what we are all doing, the other people doing it with us near or far and the feeling of achieving something.

Glad you enjoyed the day, i would love to have a go at spinning myself

K

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 09:18:00 am »
Sounds a great day and what a bonus that you got fleece too  :thumbsup:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 09:55:09 pm »
Absolutely and there was a lovely lunch provided. Not that I could eat it as I am gluten intolerant but I brought home a doggie bag for my OH.

I am going to make some big bags out of old sheets for the fleeces as they are in bin bags atm.

Orinocco, if you want to learn, you should give it a go. You'll soon be addicted.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 10:00:55 pm »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: , Great that you had such a lovely day with a bonus...I should be gluten free but I am not :innocent:

renee

• Joined Jan 2013
  • jämtland
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 06:46:56 am »
Sorry, this is off topic, but you are seriously risking your health if you should be gluten free and do not follow your diet :-\
Hope you are like me - I have combination food intolerence. Something in digestive biscuits and some other processed cakes gives me terrible stomach cramps. Processed bread is OFF. I have found that only eating the things I bake myself, and starting with asour dough plus minimal yeast is the solution was the solution for me. I am no expert but sour dough changes the structure of the flour and makes it easier for us to digest

renee

• Joined Jan 2013
  • jämtland
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 06:49:00 am »
) I was able to get to know more members of the group and came home with three huge fleeces.  :excited: :excited:
I love hearing of people having a great time, What type were the feeces? (Wondering as you have mentioned felting ?)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 11:33:58 pm »
I have no idea what the fleeces were -  crosses I suspect. We were told to pick what we wanted so chose the best for spinning. I'm looking forward to getting on with them.

I never eat gluten as it gives me terrible stomach pains and bloating. That's the best incentive for staying off it.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS