Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Squirrel done me a favour..... For once  (Read 2037 times)

escapedtothecountry

• Joined Feb 2012
  • www.escapedtothecountry.com
    • Escaped to the Country
Squirrel done me a favour..... For once
« on: May 27, 2013, 09:25:01 pm »
One day there were hazel nuts.... Literally 24 hours after thinking I should pick them last year they were gone. So Mr Squirrel has never been top of my Xmas card list.

I went out tonight to have a look at the raised beds and started pulling a few weeds out. Then I pulled something that I knew shouldn't be in the beds.... But I didn't really know what it was. When I saw the roots coming out of a large conker I realised it was a horse chestnut tree growing... So I put it in its own pot to grow on. So for once, hank you Mr Squirrel!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Squirrel done me a favour..... For once
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 09:28:16 pm »
 :thumbsup: They do have their uses.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 10:46:33 pm »
Can squirrels get myxy?  I passed one on the motorway yesterday and it was just sitting a couple of feet onto the road looking about it.  If I'd been driving nearer the edge it would have been done for. ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 11:52:00 pm »
That must have been " Tufty the squirrel"  doing his green cross code like all sensible squizzers do . :roflanim:
International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 03:29:41 pm »
 ;D My friend had reason to thank a squirrel.  She was taking her driving test, reversed, and made a right mess of it ....just then she heard a massive bang.  Examiner jumped out, and came back to sayit was ok - just a squirrel had landed on the car roof!!  Among the excitement,he told her to drive on, and she passed her test.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 09:26:59 pm »
 :roflanim:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS