Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Fertile hatching eggs - Fife Scotland  (Read 3354 times)

fifesmallholder

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Fife, Scotland.
  • Outstanding in his field :0)
    • Fife Smallholder
Fertile hatching eggs - Fife Scotland
« on: May 12, 2013, 08:07:04 am »
Pure bred leghorns (white/lavender/black) white eggs, Cream Crested Legbars - blue eggs, White Silkies - cream eggs.  We will post out but prefer if you come and collect.  This way the eggs are fresher, and stay in the fridge until you collect.  If you have had difficulties hatching from Edbay etc why not try a local supplier?

Day old chicks and pullets also available.

Carol

Mays

• Joined Jul 2010
Re: Fertile hatching eggs - Fife Scotland
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 07:44:48 pm »
silkies, L/f or bantam?

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 08:12:54 pm »
Where about in fife are you, I am Arbroath and would collect if not to far from Tay bridge
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 09:16:31 pm »
Do you keep fertile eggs in the fridge?  That's interesting. Does that affect fertility or hatch rates?

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 09:03:07 pm »
Do you still have hatching eggs available
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 09:14:57 pm »
Carol doesn't come on here much, I've sent her a text.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

fifesmallholder

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Fife, Scotland.
    • Fife Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 11:17:56 pm »
Hi folks, we live not far from Kelty, north of Dunfermline.  If interested please email and I will send you directions.  Hatching eggs available for Cream Crested Legbars and Leghorns, not many Silkie  (L/F) eggs just now as most of them are broody and sitting on eggs.  Although collection is preferable we can post out.  Yes we keep the hatching eggs in the fridge - and then I would bring them up to temperature before putting in the incubator. We have sold several batches of eggs this year (as well as hatching our own) and as far as I know there has been no complete hatching failures.  We even had a powercut and they still hatched.  The eggs are fresh, unwashed, and turned in the fridge - I am no scientist but believe it keeps them in a 'suspended' state until ready for use. It works for me.

thanks
Carol

fifesmallholder

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Fife, Scotland.
    • Fife Smallholder
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 09:52:03 pm »
Received today from a recent customer:

"Just  to let you know our hatching went well. Cream Legbars 5 out of 6, 2 cocks and 3 hens and Leghorns 4 out of 6. So happy with that result.

Thanks again for your help"

Carol

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS