Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: I hate my job! You?  (Read 10396 times)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
Re: I hate my job! You?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 05:42:40 pm »
hex thats naughty, lol

I don't have a Job but things are moving (and i don't mean the baby,lol)

All the Job i have i have really enjoyed then get total stail with them,

Which i included working in a supermarket, working in offices , Archiving files, working in a well known catalogue store and working as a temperay car park security , Oh and the most important job working with my parents company (thats the best job so far).
I perfer working outside but not in too cold a weather and also not for a boss (my parents weren't my boss' as i could tell them about something and they would listen)

Linz

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 08:24:30 pm »
I Love My Job - but I HATE taking animals to the abattoir!!!

Farmer
 :farmer:

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 10:11:15 pm »
I only do what I really like, so a lot of the times we are poor, lol. I love working from home, but only on rainy days -  only joking! The winter months I spend translating, so if anybody knows of a publisher on the lookout, let me know! German-English and English-German...:&>

Lizmar

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Carrick on Suir - Tipperary Ireland
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 09:17:01 am »
Hey  I got so fed up reading all the comments I rang my boss in the States - something I rarely do - and told him I was taking the day off today.  Cos he thought something had happened over here and was in panic mode, he just said 'yes of course'. So I'm off to a garden and farmers show - yes odd to be both together - you see farmers in muddy wellies smelling the roses and the 'posh' gardens people trying to avoid getting their shoes messed.  Please let there be good weather today!!

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 09:35:17 am »
I have to say I hate my office, freezing cold in winter and boiling hot in summer. It's a family business and and my male relatives/ colleagues delight in making bad smells in here and walking out. I have a lovely view of a factory roof. But I know it won't be forever( it just feeld like it) and before and after work I am out in the fresh air with great views, tending to my beasts and veggies. Work is a bit slack now, which allows me to come onto TAS and catch up with my moral support system. Some days I hate it at work, and it can be quite stressfull, but it is also quite interesting, keeps me occupied, and adds a little to the family finances. The smallholding is at a scale to keep me busy and give us fresh produce. It reassures me that if work dried up and i had to up the tempo a bit I could be almost self sufficient.

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 05:43:03 pm »
Just keep telling yourself...its a means to an end...only a small part of the journey taking you where you want to be and like rainy days necessary for the garden to grow...keep the dream in mind and life will be all the sweeter for a little hardship on the way through!

Best of luck to all...and if life gets you down, come on here and have a moan...there's enough of us to support each other.

Farmer

Troubled Waters

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 07:36:02 pm »
Hey farmer, that's lovely.  Thank you!  :)

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2009, 11:47:41 am »
You're very welcome...a trouble shared is a trouble halved (I should change my handle to the cliche kid...but there's a lot of wisdom in many of the old sayings).

Have a great day!

farmer

bibs

• Joined Jul 2009
  • dorset
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2009, 08:04:07 pm »
I had a love/hate relationship with my job. Being an actress seemed to me like the only thing I could do. I loved being in plays, creating characters, rehearsing but I hated almost everything else about the life. Living out of a suitcase mostly and touring a lot of the time, being away from any sort of outdoor life, having people judge you so often on how you look and not how you are. And being surrounded by a crushing amount of egoists. Now my job is nothing to do with the way I look, and everything to do with how I care for my animals. To be in the privilaged position of having a close relationship with my animals and being able to give them the best I can give beats being in a play hands down !! Plus, I feel much more in charge of my life and how I live it. Short bursts of doing a job as a means to an end are difficult but ultimately rewarding. We all have to have a moan sometimes - but I find it's a rare occasion now I'm doing what I truly want to do !

sandy

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2009, 08:46:50 pm »
I have loads of theatrical connections, strangly enough I used to teach Drama and a lot of the young people are doing very well, one of my colleges is on every TV show and is doing very well....Mark Warren...was on Grange Hill....Prime suspect..Casualty...The Bill, a thirty something.....Vice...Oliver (the Uncle)Hustle(Danny) and laods more I just cannot remember and another girl is on MTV and severla adverts so I know about acting....My daughter was a singer but not just now and my cousin is also a inger and in several musicals....look out for Sarah Pryde...

bibs

• Joined Jul 2009
  • dorset
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2009, 09:11:03 pm »
Hi Sandy - yes , Mark Warren is getting quite famous isn't he. He was in a thing called Men Only which was written by a friend of mine ... it was a bit raunchy (!) and he was very good in it. Do you miss teaching ? Where did you teach? I went to Bristol Old Vic theatre school ... quite a long time ago now. I think acting is fab when you're young but now I'm in my mid forties it doesn't quite do it for me anymore! I had a lovely time though, worked at the NT, RSC etc etc, did lots of telly - just needed a much more stable life ( no pun intended there ! )

sandy

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2009, 09:30:30 pm »
I'm a youth worker and I just happened to work on Drama night with Mark Warren and Steve Wimpress (another actor) I carn't act but he was good to work with if not a little creepy at times as he changed into different charactors, that was back in Leicestershire, Mark came from Northampton. I also worked as a youth worker on a film project, the production team did "Cold Feet" it was not exciting at all, very long winded and I was there for continuity and to keep the YP in tow......I know what you mean about being judged, I hate all those photos of so called celebs looking rough, to me thats just normal, looking perfect is not, now I always look rough (and fat) ;)

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2009, 11:39:02 pm »
I always look rough and fat too Sandy. It comes with the job - enjoying tea breaks etc. whilst looking at this forum, and enjoying life - plus ginger nuts and digestives ;D

It is a much better life than when I was in my 20's and 30's, wearing my Austin Reed suits and having to be nice to those awful men in suits in big banks and corporate companies who would compare my products to others.

The Directors and Managers would often play silly power games in order for you to discount your product, if that did not work they would hint for you to take them out to lunch and listen to all their self importance and sexist comments  - and, of course I was expected to be nice and smile in order to get them to sign the paperwork for loads of equipment.  -  Yuck!

I think we are cleaner - even when we are covered in sh1t!

My life is much better now - plus they helped me earn the money to be mortgage free too! 

So sometimes it is worth listening to sh1t for a while - as long as you do not believe it  ;D
Julie

sandy

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2009, 07:05:17 am »
I have enjoyed most jobs I have had, just a blip now and again putting up with the odd arragant parent or office politics, I still do youth work and absolutly love that, not like work but a bit of fresh air and fun. I like the freedom I get workig from home, I sometimes get out of bed and go to work in my night clothes? Love long walks forraging with my dogs, love meetig different people and looking after them, listening to them and learning about thier lives. I also love stiing with my cuppa watching the CHickens and Ducks, my OH would like to be here too but the business and thie elderly large house doesn't generate enough income for 2, shame as we also get on so well and love each others company and so many jobs to do around here!!!

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2009, 09:27:52 am »
Hi Sandy,

It shows that you love your youth work - you must be special because it is very hard.

I worked as a IT Teacher in a Youthreach school here for a year or two. 
The kids have been usually thrown out of ordinary school as they are difficult, or have underlying problems such as alcoholic parents that do not feed them, so they have to steal, are addicted to drugs, and or have lived rough on the streets, orphans or sometimes learning difficulties that cannot be diagnosed as an illness.

I found it really distressing, loved the teaching and spent a lot of time making lesson plans to get kids interested by focusing on their favourite football teams or other interests, but it was the neglect and abuse that they were or had been through, that really stopped me from sleeping at night, worrying about the poor loves.

One girl came in one day with a broken arm and very bruised all over her face, told me she fell down the steps.
After taking her into the staff room for coffee, she finally told me that her dad had come home drunk beat her mum up, so she went in to try and help her mum and he threw her out of the upstairs window. :o

I tried to get social services involved, asked mum to come in for a chat, as the girl was terrified that he would hurt her sister who was only 13, she was 15. I told the head of the school and asked him to talk to them on behalf of the school and tell her she could take a barring order out etc.
Mum was scared to death and would not do anything to help herself or her children, he was a long distance driver, and this behaviour happened when he came home and got drunk. :o :'(

There were several instances, some worse than others, that kept me awake at night, eventually Joe asked me to quit because Tara was only a baby and I was paying out most of my money on childminding, petrol and lunches, and not getting any sleep was making me ill.

The boys were unruly but football projects on the internet and writing about their favourite's on the word processor did finally get them through their exams, so that they had a chance to get a job, with improved english and computer skills etc.  I enjoyed the job, lesson planning and teaching, it was the personal and emotional problems I just could not handle - not the right type - I just could not switch off when I walked out of the door like the other teachers could.

We never really dealt with arrogant parents, most of them were just glad the kids were with us and not them :'( :'(

I love working with kids now, at infants and juniors, it is great fun and very rewarding.  In the future I would love to have more chance to work with kids - they are so funny, and watching them with the piglets, ducks and hens is just brilliant. ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS