Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Whole in butchered lamb  (Read 1804 times)

HRR

• Joined May 2013
Whole in butchered lamb
« on: May 25, 2013, 12:58:04 pm »
Hi all I am desperately trying to buy a whole in butchered lamb or (even better) a hogget with offal would be nice but not crucial.

There are lots of places on line where you can buy butchered carcasses but I am keen to do the butchery myself.

(Have done a pig before and made sausages which was a great success).

I live in sw London and can pick up if in Home Counties or Hampshire or I will pay for delivery.

I figure there must be a price I can pay which makes it cheaper for me than going to the butcher and can also make it nice and profitable for the farmer or small holder.

Anyway if any one out there is keen to trade let me know!

Granny A

• Joined Jul 2013
Re: Whole in butchered lamb
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 10:51:07 am »
You will need to go to an abattoir. They should be able to supply.

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 01:38:25 pm »
Shame you're not nearer, we supply a few lambs every year and some we take to the abattoir, and then the customer collects the carcase from there about 5 days later (once hung).     Others will collect from us a whole butchered lamb and some we send in cold boxes by over night courier.    There must be someone else on here who does a similar thing and is near to you.   Some customers even come and choose their lamb whilst its still here and growing  :eyelashes:   :thumbsup: .
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Hassle

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 04:44:50 pm »
Smithfield market best deals are from 3am until about 5am you can get your meat how you wnt it

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS