Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Had a 'phone call this afternoon...  (Read 6097 times)

Orinoco

• Joined Dec 2012
Re: Had a 'phone call this afternoon...
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2013, 10:09:47 pm »
we are currently renting out 2 houses (the father-in-laws and ours) all moved in to this house and annexe.

As I did alot of business networking I knew a new agent who managed to let ours long term to a very nice couple who seem to be keeping the garden better than us for £35 pm (managed) and all works are to go through another gentleman I knew who can do alot himself but knows someone (via business network groups), who will do a good job and not rip us off if he can't.

The other house is in an area I don't know any businesses so through an agent again fully managed but costing over £100 pm, and using what seems to be the most expensive tradesmen.

Its all back to who you know not what you know and there is such a difference in agents and their charges, sometimes the smaller agents do a better job (they have to, to get established).

Good luck

K

spandit

• Joined Mar 2013
  • East Sussex
    • Sussex Forest Garden
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 08:23:36 pm »
Had another phone call this morning... :(

Buyer has had a higher offer but gave us 24 hours to assure her we had a complete chain. Fortunately, our rather slack mortgage guy managed to secure agreements in principle and she's still selling to us... She wants to exchange ASAP, which suits us, but delay completion, which doesn't particularly.
sussexforestgarden.blogspot.co.uk

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 09:32:39 pm »
 :thumbsup: horrid time......soon be ove though

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 10:35:45 pm »
We'll use an agent to find and check a tenant but manage it ourselves... It's going to be exceedingly tight financially... just hope we can actually do it!

dont rely on them completely. our new tenants are behind with their rent already after a month and as we rely on the money to pay the bills, our bank charges are in 3 figures already. we have rented out for 8 yrs and its the first non-payer, and also the first time we leased for 1 year rather than 6 mths.

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 12:35:19 pm »
We rent our old house as we couldn't sell it when we moved here in Wales. Our first tenant was lovely, the second one was a nightmare and the current tenant is a really lovely lady. We've now got the place up for sale. Things were tight financially but if you keep putting things off, then nothing gets done. Good luck Spandit and I hope it all goes well for you.
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

spandit

• Joined Mar 2013
  • East Sussex
    • Sussex Forest Garden
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2013, 07:43:13 pm »
I know there's a risk - I'm not new to renting! It's a way to have a completed chain and assuming we get a decent tenant in who doesn't default on the rent, then all will be well.

We could sell the house and risk losing our dream house if the chain falls through again...

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2013, 08:23:01 pm »
yes things can go wrong..but you only live once.... we are taking a massive chance... but hey!!!! as i said..you only live once..and at the end of the day..what ever happens..they can't hang you  :excited:

spandit

• Joined Mar 2013
  • East Sussex
    • Sussex Forest Garden
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2013, 10:08:49 pm »
I could end up in an amazing house or have to sell it and move back into my perfectly nice house...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS