Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Back to winter.......  (Read 1508 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Back to winter.......
« on: May 23, 2013, 11:54:38 am »
It is freezing cold, and a howling wind blowing today.  My fingers feel like ice.....I have a winter fleece top on, and a thick bodywarmer, and am still frozen.  Busy  with my veg plot ....think everything will duck back under the soil again. Chicks all huddled under the hens, and my ponies are grateful they kept their winter coats on.

Will it perk up for the bank holiday?  The last one was nice.  There again, the pub near our land is advertising a barbie and fun day for the weekend.....a sure recipe for rain!!!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Back to winter.......
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 03:41:44 pm »
Giant hailstones like golf balls .....going to do my little veg plants a world of good being squashed by those giant things.  Really frustrating, as its too wet to do anything on the veg plot now (and still too cold)

MikeM

• Joined Jul 2011
  • NW Devon
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 04:01:45 pm »
well, I was out digging in my shirtsleeves this morning, beautiful day down in  the west country, bit blowy though.

fifixx

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Shillingstone, Dorset
    • Bere Marsh Farm
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 04:51:38 pm »
I am wearing a scarf.....

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 06:57:32 pm »
At 3.30 this afternoon it was 6 degrees with me
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

philcaegrug

• Joined Jul 2012
  • ammanford
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 08:58:46 pm »
10 Degrees with us at 6pm mostly sunny  :sunshine: but a few heavy showers with a bit of hail :gloomy:

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 09:09:01 pm »
4 degrees in our part of Powys for most of the day. Heavy rain and hail storms and a nippy blow.

Feels just like Autumn. Don't think the grass is growing too well. Need a bit of warmth.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 09:55:47 pm »
Its been 4deg here all day with snow off and on, bitter cold wind aswell. I am back to wearing my winter coat when I am out doing the animals  :o
Graham

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS