Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lanark poultry and pigs yesterday  (Read 1723 times)

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
Lanark poultry and pigs yesterday
« on: May 24, 2013, 01:17:06 pm »
Went to Lanark auction yesterday (23rd May).  Usual prices, beats me sometimes why they bother holding one - they can't make much profit. 

Far too many little rabbits going for next to zero - people buying them because they are super cheap and not because they came for a rabbit poor things, what's to become of the poor creatures.

Did get a couple of lovely Partridge Wyandotte Bantams though from a gentleman who bought the cage of 6 and was happy to sell me 2  :D  very pretty little girls.

Tamworth weaners went for £24 down to £11 each.  Lots of quail there.

A nice day out although I'm a bit soft and want to buy everything and take them home and cuddle them.  :-*   ::)
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

colliewobbles

• Joined Mar 2013
  • South Norfolk
Re: Lanark poultry and pigs yesterday
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 01:19:22 pm »

A nice day out although I'm a bit soft and want to buy everything and take them home and cuddle them.  :-*   ::)

My hubby won't tell  me our number when we go to the Norwich auction for this very reason - especially when they had orphan lambs a few weeks back!!   :innocent:

langfauld easycare

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 01:38:30 pm »
i thought the pigs done well for the quality that was there . the guy that sold all the larger tamworths and crosses got a good bit more than he was expecting .like any auction you cant sell junk and expect top dollar .
a guy gave my daughter a rabbit outside he had bought in error so it should have a happy ending   :bunny: 

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 02:48:34 pm »
 ;D  both.  Maybe we could get a sign made - any unwanted's here - with a big box underneath, bet it would be full  ;D
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS