Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Kune Kune X Tamworth weaners for sale – Staffordshire  (Read 2889 times)

pigs n chickens

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Staffordshire
Kune Kune X Tamworth weaners for sale – Staffordshire
« on: May 22, 2013, 08:57:16 pm »
 We have some lovely  Kune Kune X Tamworth weaners for sale who will be ready to ‘leave home’ on or after 1st June when they will be 9 weeks old. Boars and gilts available and will be wormed prior to sale.
They are all chubby, stocky little pigs with Tamworth colouring and with a few black spots. Most have Piri Piri and all have semi-lop ears. I’ll post some pictures as soon as I can.
Lovely friendly weaners, trained to the food bucket and traditionally bred and reared.
We are located on the outskirts of Stafford, just 2 minutes from J14 of the M6 and really easy to find and access.
Leave me a message if you would like more information or to arrange to come and see them.
Helen

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
Re: Kune Kune X Tamworth weaners for sale – Staffordshire
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 09:04:25 pm »
Just wanted to say hi  :wave: we must be really near you as we're about 5 mins from j14!

pigs n chickens

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 09:40:43 pm »
Hello  :wave: It's a small world!

pigs n chickens

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 09:00:03 pm »
Here are some photos of our Kune Kune x Tamworth weaners. Looking at their ears I think they are more prick than semi-lop, but I'd be interested to hear what others think. Its amazing that such Tamworth coloured pigs came from this mother! They are £30 each.

Ladygrey

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Basingstoke
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 01:38:19 pm »
Sorry im not in the need of any more piggies at the moment,

but just to say, they look amazing!  :thumbsup: did you use a boar or Ai? how was the birth?

im thinking of putting a different breed onto one of my kunekune sows as most of the piglings go for meat anyway, so  glad to see someone has done this before!

pigs n chickens

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 03:08:33 pm »
Hi Ladygrey,
Thanks, we were amazed when they arrived. The sow (Treacle) was a first time mother and she has raised nine evenly sized healthy piglets and has done a great job. We expected a mix of colours but they are all pretty much identical apart from a few black spots here and there and the piri piri. We used a Tamworth boar and I wasn't sure if she was even in pig until a few weeks before the birth - she hid them well! It was a bit of an experiment as I thought she might be too old to have a first litter as she is 3 but we hired a boar for our Tamworth sow and Treacle was happy to spend some time with him too  ;)  and the size of the boar was ok for her.
The birth was fine, Treacle was a bit unsure of what was going on and got up and walked around a lot so I gathered up the piglets and put them in a box under the heat lamp until she had finished but they all started drinking well soon after their birth and have gone from strength to strength. I was worried about the size of the piglets she was giving birth to as she isn't very big and the piglets seemed huge but she coped just fine and needed no assistance.
I hope this helps as you plan a different breed  :) for your sow.
Helen

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS