Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Panic buying - Swine Flu  (Read 2922 times)

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
Panic buying - Swine Flu
« on: July 15, 2009, 04:20:36 pm »
There have been reports of significant 'panic buying' in Ireland, as the Swine Flu pandemic worsens. Long queue's of vehicles can be seen at most major supermarkets throughout the country. However, people are reportedly only purchasing what the consider most necessary, should they be unable to go shopping in the near future. The good news is that Guinness reckons that they can cope with the surge in demand; sure these's ate'n drinkin' in it !

CarraghsBorderCollies

• Joined Jun 2009
Re: Panic buying - Swine Flu
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 04:34:39 pm »
i havent seen people panic buying! anywhere! and i travel a lot between the west and the north!
GEM. X

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 04:55:26 pm »
The good news is that Guinness reckons that they can cope with the surge in demand; sure these's ate'n drinkin' in it !

Humour, darling, humour....only purchasing what they consider necessary....guinness reckons that they can cope with the surge in demand  ;)

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 04:59:29 pm »
Now Gem

Come on!!.

As soon as I read it it made me laugh BUT I have to go now as I have some Panic Buying to do!!!!  ::)  ::)  ::)

Regards
Joe  :)

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 05:06:22 pm »
the trouble is where I live that there isn't anything to panic buy!

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 06:26:14 pm »
lol, I was thinking i havn't heard/or seen any lol

Linz

rustyme

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 06:48:56 pm »
 I am not going to buy it , I will wait till I catch it for free.....bloody hell  !!! you even have to buy diseases now .....errr, eh what ???  ::) ::) :dunce:

cheers

Russ

sandy

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 07:17:53 pm »
As in previouse posts I was hospitalised with Flu in the late 60's but I had a mild version of flu a few years ago and went out and bought new nighties and toiletries before I got too bad to go out...I recovered in a few days so did not need them..that was my panic buying ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS