Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: ram lamb  (Read 1630 times)

zarzar

• Joined Jul 2012
  • kent
  • Z.Glenfield :)
ram lamb
« on: May 19, 2013, 08:20:46 pm »
Hi all may sound a funny question but at what age does everyone remove ram lambs from the ewe lambs, we have 2 1 6 week and 1 5 week the older one seems to be taking notice of the girls now.
1 cat,2 thoroughbred horses,1 dog, handfull of bird various types and hoping to get sheep again

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
Re: ram lamb
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 08:35:35 pm »
I wouldn't have thought they would be successful before 3-4 months and the ewe lambs would have to be in season so not likely at the moment - your safe at the moment but they will play games!!
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 09:44:11 pm »
I take mine out around August (born in April). Haven't had any accidents this way.

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 09:50:03 pm »
Five months is about the latest crucial time. Just practising up 'til then! Wheelbarrows is a great game y'know!

zarzar

• Joined Jul 2012
  • kent
  • Z.Glenfield :)
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 12:07:54 pm »
thanks good news then as the other paddock will be fenced for the boys by then.
1 cat,2 thoroughbred horses,1 dog, handfull of bird various types and hoping to get sheep again

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS