Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Spooky goings on!!!!!  (Read 3866 times)

sandy

Spooky goings on!!!!!
« on: July 15, 2009, 08:55:20 am »
After all those great, uplifting jokes I have been thinking about the strange things that have happened during my life and wondered what other peoples stories were like...love to hear them!

One strange happening was when I worked in an office created out of 2 terraced houses, we used to have to go in and out of both with keys to do admin work, pick up post etc.
 One day I hurriedly went to do some photo copying to take out on an appointment and when I rushed to unlock the door I jumped out of the way of a cat rushing by me :cat:, I then realised there was nothing there at all so why did I get out of the way? and why would I imagine a cat?

I told my boss the next day and he said "thats strange!, I came in one morning, unlocked my office and in the post tray lay a cat, then it dissapeared!" no explanation for that!

The alarm in our part of the terraced house was often going off so the repair man came to look and was sonfused that it only went off in an upstairs room, my Bosses office and a downstairs room, never the connecting passageways to the doors, I mentioned the cat and he said, you never know!!!!!!!

Never saw it again, I wounder if anyone else did?

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
Re: Spooky goings on!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 09:06:12 am »
i've not seen it!

CarraghsBorderCollies

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 01:10:09 pm »
i saw a ghost horse  walking past my mums stables it was a heavy cob about 15hh dapple grey (i was mucking out my welsh pony :horse:) and when i heard a horse behind me i thought it was my welsh but she was grazing up the field!

either that or ive lost it (also likely ;))
GEM. X

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Kirkintilloch, NE of Glasgow
    • Calum Morrell Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 02:40:37 pm »
Last night I saw some ghost whisky .. one minute it was there, in my glass and the next it was gone! There's just no rational explanation for that sort of thing.

gavo

• Joined Aug 2008
  • Belcoo, Enniskillen, N.Ireland
  • Crazy Pig Lover
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 05:41:58 pm »
Our first house in Croydon. Was a bit peculiar. One day our daughter (then only around 2) asked who that man was at the top of the stairs. We also had lights turning on and off but the strangest thing was me and the wife in bed and hearing footsteps up the stairs. then footsteps across the landing to our bedroom door and the door opening ! No one was there of course.
When ripping out the fireplace surround - flat pieces of sandstone - the other side had a tail to tell - they were reused headstones.

Cheers

Gavin

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 06:00:58 pm »
When I was young I did a morning paper round - had to be out at 6am.  Was walking past the vicarage and saw a vicar - well he was dressed in black, and had a collar on  - coming towards me.  I said good morning, he did not reply, just walked on.  I thought there was something strange about him, turned round and he had gone .....where I do not know ....eek.

Then more recently I was by the village church and met two elderly people, who for some reason looked different......their outfits were very old fashioned looking. I turned round my a better look, to see them sort of fading in to the distance.

I was not scared on either occasion - but I really think they were ghosts.

When I worked in an old office building, we all knew it had been a prisoner of war camp.  It was very gloomy, and cold.  One night the cleaner was there on her own, and she always locked her self in for her own peace of mind.  She heard footsteps on the stairs, the door at the end of the corridor  swung open, and the footsteps headed towards what was my office, where she was ....and there was no way out for the poor cleaner except where the footsteps were coming from.  She opened the door, and there was no one there.  Poor woman, said she rushed downstairs unlocked the door, left it open and ran home!!! 

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 06:13:06 pm »
I used to do Volunteer work at a very famour 'old' house in Wales, Llancaiach Fawr.

The tour of the house involved volunteers /paid full timers dressed in 17th century dress and talking in 'oldie world' lauages.

I frequently had indiences of odd smells, noises and movement of items (big and small, which included heavy full oak furniture too small wooden spoons.

Includes a freaky moment where me and another girl where in the house on our own and heard voices up stairs where we went to investigate to make sure no public where around as they where supposes to be outside due to health and safety issues we went up the stair and could here voices and looked in the room to see no one WE BOTH hit the bottom of the stair and out the door and told a more important persons in case we where mistaken.

Apparently i was as white as a sheet.
Linz

sandy

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 06:20:35 pm »
15 years ago, I was just going through a divorce and left uni so had very little money, I was asked to attend a 2 day training residential not too far away, it was in a large old property owned by the local Authority, just forgotten the name but was in Northamptonshire, I think. I went to bed early as I had no spare money to buy drinks at the bar, so I returned to my room in the South Wing and fell deeply asleep only to be woken by what looked like a monk, looking down at me, I could not see his eyes but saw the fine detail of his sack cloth robes and his rope belt, it was brown, my heart raced and I squeezed my eyes shut and for some reason denied it to myself and pulled up the covers and fell back to sleep. In the morning I overheard one of the managers saying something had been in his room in the night, I said nothing about it but when I got home I drew a simple picture as it was still so vivid in my head. Some time later during work I spoke to someone about the training weekend as every staff member had to go during their induction, only to find that Lot's of people had had strange experiences there but only in the West wing, people had seen things, heard strange music etc. I rang the venue and asked if anyone else had reported the "Ghost" and cautiously they said they had had a lot of sightings and the place was known to be haunted...she asked if I would stay again and I said I would but a bit FR[move]E[move]A[move]K[move]Y ::)[/move][/move][/move][/move]

lara

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 08:00:46 pm »
18 months ago my OH & I bought a small bungalow in a village 12 miles away which we were going to renovate It was empty when we viewed it , the bungalow had been owned by and elderly gentleman who had died ( we presumed at home) but we were told by the neighbours that he has a strong minded character who liked to be involved in everything that was going on .
anyway the bungalow needed lots of TLC, new kitchen , bathroom etc. as I worked part-time i was at the bungalow everyday on my own when I was not at work.
 One Sunny spring day i had the back door into the kitchen open and i was painting in the hall, i got down from the ladder and looked into the kitchen and was shocked to see a great big crow in the middle of the floor just standing there looking at me ( I hadn't realised how big they are in the flesh) it had a big yellow beak.. I summoned up my courage and told it to go as i shooed it towards the door, it just casually walked over to the door and hopped down the step and was gone.
I was really stunned because to get to the kitchen door it had to walk round the side of my car in the drive, the bungalow is in the corner of a cul-de -sac, surrounded by other houses and I've never seen any crow in the area before or since. ........
was it Arthur? I wonder coming back to see what we were doing with his house? ..... anyway it felt really spooky.
 I've since heard that sometimes dead folks reappear as crows.. anyone had a similar experience with a crow? I'd be really interested to know. We have never had any sightings since and I never felt uncomfortable being alone in the bungalow.  It has now been sold on.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 08:03:13 pm by lara »

greenfingers

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Grange by Keith, Banffshire
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 10:03:14 pm »
Our ghost smokes in our house, both hubby and I are non smokers.  Who ever it is smokes when I am doing the ironing and my clothes smell of cigarettes.  They also sit in the hall way downstairs, you know someone is there because the cat and one of the dogs go mad in that area.
I think it's great, I believe in all that and so does my daughter.  Love most haunted on the TV also, we have been to one of their live shows. Great.
Elaine
Elaine

Always look on the bright side of life, de dum, de dum de dum, de dum!!

sandy

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 10:19:28 pm »
My in laws have a 1970's house that needed gutting due to the ex owner being a heavy smoker, he also died in the house, now it's clean and fresh but the regularly smell smoke and burnt hair around the house. Once there were a few of us in the lounge and I said has your brother gone for a smoke as it wafted through the room, he came in from the toilet and said no, the in laws smiled and said it was a regular thing, we all smelt it, then, even odder, my mother in Law had a Barbie wond and she had been playing with it earllier as it made a magical sound, well, now it was on the dinning table in full view of us all and all of a sudden it went off on its own....spooky!!!!!  :o

Lizmar

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Carrick on Suir - Tipperary Ireland
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 11:22:13 am »
When I was a nurse I was doing my stint of night duty.  The hospital was an old convent and had lots of dark corridors.  The strange experience I had was one night when I left my friend on the ward - the other nurse on duty, whilst I had my break.  The wards are dark with only the small light on where the nurses station is at night.  When I got back my friend said that a man who she thought was a patient walked up to her, stopped when she asked if he needed anything, then walked right through her - she was white as a sheet and said who ever it was must have been very ill because she had a feeling of pain and sickness as the patient came towards her and then it went right away when he had passed.

This hospital was also a children's home and every nurse that worked there has always heard the children playing in the basement area - which was at the time the outpatients area.  In fact it was strange if you didn't hear them, it sounded like a play ground full of children and you just know there are no children down there - very odd feeling.

This hospital was closed and turned into very expensive apartments and penthouses - good luck to who ever bought them!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS