Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Being firm  (Read 1456 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Being firm
« on: May 17, 2013, 12:44:45 pm »
I decided to be firm with myself and instead of thinking of all the jobs I had to do I would make a list. So far its working quite well. Each day I do household chores and then get outside and get on with at least one job on my list. I seem more relaxed, getting through the jobs bit by bit. Maybe by the time I have my granddaughter over the summer holidays I will have time to enjoy myself. Its to be bad weather over the weekend so I can catch up on my gardening programs that I have been recording while I do the ironing. Time to go and pick up dropping in the pony paddocks.

colliewobbles

• Joined Mar 2013
  • South Norfolk
Re: Being firm
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 12:47:50 pm »
 :thumbsup:  Sounds like a good way to get through stuff and feel more in control and positive.  My trouble is I would waste my time making and editing the list!!  :innocent:

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 01:01:46 pm »
I agree with you Sabrina, it is a lot more efficient and also doesn't feel so overwhelming !!

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 01:21:27 pm »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: , thats just what I should do, instead, I start loads of jobs, "mul;itask" just now I am sorting out the plants in pots and tubs and decluttering, doinf the washing, cleaning the dogs beds, then I am going to wash the garden recliner chair covers as they are  moldy, then I am sorting out old clothing to take to get cash, then cleaning the house, well its nearly done.....then...well  now, stopping to have a cup of tea and some cake...and relax a min.....I will make a list as i have tons to do, it took me 2 days to clear the ash from the fire!!  :innocent:

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 02:31:07 pm »
I used to be like that, rushing around trying to fit it so many things that nothing was done right or I would get myself in such a state when jobs began mounting up. This way I get through something each day and feel good about it.

colliewobbles

• Joined Mar 2013
  • South Norfolk
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 02:38:54 pm »
I think I am like that with housework too - I seem to start on one room, take 'stuff' to another room to put away, then start tidying something in that room, move to next room and so on.  As a result everywhere is always 'half-done' or 'half-undone'!!

That's my excuse anyway  :innocent:

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 02:45:43 pm »
We have a white fridge freezer and we use it as a white-board.

We have write-on, wipe-off pens velcroed to the door and write up lists: shopping, one-man jobs, two-man jobs, a sort of Gantt chart for bigger projects, odd jobs the next time the builders are here........

Works really well. We have a few fridge magnets and stuff but it's mainly lists :-)
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 02:49:57 pm »
Some one was on about people trying to controlle us, I hate being controlled but can understand because if you watch me, I cannot even play a game on the comp without doing something else as well, so in the end I do lots of little things instead of one big one.......my husbands Dyslexia in a way is good as he does just do one job at a time.....he will go up the garden with a bucket but leave the wheel barrow, go back down and then collect the wheel barrow, thats just one example, he does stuff like that all the time....

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 06:14:34 pm »
MIne's like that as well. He'll go upstairs and I'll say that such and such needs to go up so why doesn't he take it and he'll tell me he'll come back for it. Can't see the logic myself but I'm the one with dyslexia. I gave up making lists as it took me ages to do them and I never stuck to them anyway.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS