Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Seed swap?  (Read 3484 times)

escapedtothecountry

• Joined Feb 2012
  • www.escapedtothecountry.com
    • Escaped to the Country
Seed swap?
« on: May 15, 2013, 10:21:04 pm »
I have a few sweat pea seeds (Pulsar variety) and also Lupin seeds unsure what variety.

I'm happy to post some to any takers if they want to do a swap and send some seeds of theirs to me. Thought it may be a good way of sharing stuff. Obviously it has to be based on trust. I envisaged sending ten sweat pea seeds and/ or ten Lupin seeds if anyone wants to send any seeds in return.... Be they veg/ wild flowers or whatever.

Direct Message if interested as there is still time to get those sweet peas in!

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
Re: Seed swap?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 11:50:14 pm »
If you post me your cow  , I'll send you five magic beans that will give you 24 inch long runner beans that only turn stringy when the weather turns colder just before the first frosts in Autumn .
 PM me your address ,
soak the beans for 24 hrs and sow 1 & 1/2  in a well damp compost , keep it moist & in the warmth but not sopping wet .
Meanwhile dig a hole about 18 inche deep by 18 inches acros and fill the bottom foot with well rotted manure and put the top soil back on it . You'll have the beans up ready to plant out by about 6 June
 Runner beans just love a hot moist well rotted  manure bed .

Ps forget the cow the freezer is still full of beans I send you the beans anyway .
International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

escapedtothecountry

• Joined Feb 2012
  • www.escapedtothecountry.com
    • Escaped to the Country
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 11:57:13 pm »
Ha ha.. Made me chuckle. Just sent you a message. If you fancy the flower seeds send your address. Unfortunately now cow to swap for a giant beanstalk

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 05:38:55 am »
You will be delighted to know that the EEC is trying to pass a law preventing and outlawing this sort of activity. All the old varieties of plants and fruit and non approved horticultural seeds will be banned , and swapping seeds with friends will be outlawed.
Another brown envelope job from Monsanto, there have been loads of petitions in protest lately on here and FB.

You Bandits 8) 8) !

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 07:02:52 am »
You will be delighted to know that the EEC is trying to pass a law preventing and outlawing this sort of activity.

This has largely been amended. See comment here:

http://www.soilassociation.org/news/newsstory/articleid/5388/press-comment-on-the-eu-regulation-concerning-seed-varieties

Strangely enough, anything even slightly positive doesn't make it into the public awareness...  ::)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 07:08:45 am »
All that means is Monsanto will pay even more to get them to renage on the deal .. :roflanim:

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 08:36:48 am »
so seed swapping will end up going underground  :innocent:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 10:18:26 am »
You will be delighted to know that the EEC is trying to pass a law preventing and outlawing this sort of activity.

This has largely been amended. See comment here:

http://www.soilassociation.org/news/newsstory/articleid/5388/press-comment-on-the-eu-regulation-concerning-seed-varieties

Strangely enough, anything even slightly positive doesn't make it into the public awareness...  ::)

Thank you Ina - I hadn't heard that.  It does sound good on the surface but the possibility (probability?)  that the exemptions will be rescinded once the furore dies down just makes one feel cynical about the whole affair  :garden:   One can just hope that the activities of the little people are not really worth the big baddies bothering about and we can continue as before.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 10:03:25 pm »
According to Garden Organic, who run the Heritage Seed Library, small companies such as theirs and private individuals will not have to comply.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS