Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Indian runners  (Read 5816 times)

bizzielizzie66

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Kent
Re: Indian runners
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2013, 02:33:49 pm »
Are you sure it's not squabbling and mating and stress making them look a bit seedy? Two drakes is one too many I'd say. There is nothing more rampant in the poultry world than a drake in my opinion - talk about rape and pillage!  :-J  If you feed layers mash rather than pellets you can stick a bit of cod liver oil in there too - the Vits A & D and essential fatty acids in it may help. You can get fishmeal too in small-ish tubs. Try SPR Poultry site - the founder (impressive poultry background) is a big advocate of fishmeal (though I can't bring myself to feed it to my chucks) They'll make a fine mess with mash but mine prefer it. My runners are 11 today ! Hatched on my daughters second birthday...how time flies.....

I'd agree that ducks are normally very healthy and a relative doddle to keep compared to any other poultry.  :wave:
Keeper of Ryelands (learner) , Geese, Bantams, Chickens, Ducks , Horses & Cattle.  Animal Feed Merchant by day & BSc Agriculture graduate of yore :)

Jaymac76

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 04:10:34 pm »
Got my marriages today will give them it for the next 7 days and hope all is well, will try one thing at a time and see if I can solve the problem. Yes I would agree the drakes are very rampant but it is both drakes and ducks that are not 100% so that make me think it is something other than a randy drake but worth a mention one dark to many.

Jaymac76

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2013, 07:29:34 pm »
Hi, just a quick update on my Indian runners got more air going in to the pond water, feeding with marriages pellets with flubenvet and a little more free range, so far there is a small improvement only been a knew days but things are looking up I will keep you all posted and thanks for all the info.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS