Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The wild west in Hampshire  (Read 1579 times)

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
The wild west in Hampshire
« on: May 14, 2013, 04:19:36 pm »
So we turn some young cattle out last week because the weather was good, and my Hubby says they're really quiet they should just follow me and the bucket through the gate, and to be fair to him they have always been very quiet. What took place when he opened the gate i can only compare to a wild west adventure! we had cattle in all directions at top speed buckerooing around the yard and heading behind the barn my hubby was swearing and cursing them and i was doubled up in fits of laughter.
What should have taken ten Minuits took us over a hour to round them up and get them through the gate into the field. one bu**er jumped back out over the fence did such a good jump i was going to compete it at our local show.
Three days later another one got completely stuck having weaved itself into a round bale feeder. It had to be cut out.
Anyone want a round bale feeder with extra large holes in it?
And they say sheep are thick!!!

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: The wild west in Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 04:54:43 pm »
Sounds interesting. Don't think i would want to get in their way though  :cow:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Re: The wild west in Hampshire
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 05:08:58 pm »
I once watched the local farmer unload his cattle that had been in all winter into a field near us. All went well and he closed the gate and stood watching as his beast took off down the field, over the fence and back up the road towards his farm. Was so funny. :excited:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS