Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: favourite comedy movie or tv series  (Read 9291 times)

rustyme

Re: favourite comedy movie or tv series
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 01:26:25 pm »
I don't watch either the Simpson's or south park , but I do tend say stuff that pops into my head anyway.... :o ;D
  The young ones , Married with children , Soap , Mr Ed , I dream of Jeannie , Steptoe and Son , Father 'Fekkin' Ted , Dads Army and One Foot in the Grave...all great and in no particular order.
 But the one program that shaped my whole life really (not a comedy though ) was Out Of Town , with Jack Hargreaves lovely program and a lovely man .....

cheers

Russ

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 01:31:26 pm »
Don't know that one , What is it about?.
Kind regards
Joe

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 03:11:18 pm »
 I love Father Ted but only to watch the housekeeper fall off the window sill.otherwise its Mock the week, QI and Everybody loves Raymond.

gavo

• Joined Aug 2008
  • Belcoo, Enniskillen, N.Ireland
  • Crazy Pig Lover
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 06:16:14 pm »
I agree it's a fond memory of my childhood .Such a pity that so much of what he showed us has probably gone forever!

Paul Sill

• Joined Jan 2009
RE:
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 06:17:20 pm »
QI, Mock the week, 8 out of 10 cats, Family Guy, American Dad, The big bang theory, The IT crowd, The F Word as for films to many to mention. Oh Band of Brothers i have watched it so many times and never get bored of it.

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 06:29:37 pm »
I have benidorm on my i pod, which makes me laugh out loud, mainly because we go back to the same holiday resort every year and meet the same people there.
i love the old classics, porridge,open all hours, rising damp,dads army, steptoe & son, the likely lads, only fools, etc. have got a bit tired of last of the summer wine, its a bit like a mockumentary of village life round here except with southeners putting on patronising yorkshire accents. wally batty was a hero.

rustyme

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 07:04:40 pm »
sorry Joe , I forgot to answer... hope you were asking about Out of Town ? Anyway , it was presented by Jack Hargreaves , and he would carry out all sorts of country pursuits ,  he would go fishing all over the country . He would show how all sorts of country ways of life used to be carried out , some were still being done , others were long gone . The whole program was like from another time really , he had such a laid back way of presenting , and everything seemed to be at an easy comfortable pace. He would reminisce about days gone by with lovely old stories about the old blacksmith or the wheelmaker . Just about everything 'country' was covered. Out of Town morfed into Country Boy later , but it still covered mainly the same sort of topics .  O of T is available on DVD , it can be rented from lovefilm for one !!, and I would recommend getting some of them if you can . I was always out camping in the woods  for days on end , as a kid . Catching fish and rabbits etc , and growing veg on my allotments , and this program cemented an interest in old ways and simple living , that has stayed with me till this day . Jack Hargreaves was such an influence on my life,that when he died ,it  was like losing a granddad ,  I actually shed more than a tear or two ...

cheers

Russ

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2009, 08:17:22 pm »
I'm OLD so much prefer radio...(deep sigh)

Anyone remember Round The Horn, The Navy Lark, The Clithero Kid, The Glums, etc...God how time flys!!!

Farmer  :(
 :farmer:

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2009, 08:22:56 pm »
I love "Just a minute" and the News one "Sorry, I haven't a clue" on the radio! :&>

JD

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Glasgow
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2009, 08:34:31 pm »
Fawlty Towers, The Royle Family and Early Doors, classics.
JD

sandy

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2009, 09:58:48 pm »
I remember the Navy Lark being on SUnday's, I think alson with Billy Clithero! I loved that, what was his catch phrase "can you hear me mother?" my mum cooking dinner so the kitchen being steemed up then..Billy Cottons band show, my dad loved that but not for me!!!!!I must be old as well!!

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2009, 11:52:02 pm »

But the one program that shaped my whole life really (not a comedy though ) was Out Of Town , with Jack Hargreaves lovely program and a lovely man .....

Russ

I remember the man, he was in HOW! - I used to love that when I was young, it was full of things you could make that looked really impossible. ;D
Julie

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2009, 11:55:03 pm »
Wakey, Wakey (Billy Cotton's catch phrase)....not old Sandy, mearly mature, like a good wine or cheese!

My last effort tonight...Hhhancocks Hhhalf Hhhour...on radio or TV...a true classic

farmer
 :farmer:

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2009, 11:58:54 pm »
I love the oldies, like Dads Army, Are you being served, the Good Life, Only Fools and Horses, Steptoe, Father Ted, and Fawlty Towers, and definitely Little Britain and The Royle Family.

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2009, 09:07:27 am »
I vaguely remeber a tiny chap called jimmy clitheroe, who, when he visited sheffield, stayed in a tatty caravan in the yard of a stables owned by friends of ours. i think he died in the mid sixties. he was supposed to be some famous radio? tv ? comic actor? but i just recall him being small and grumpy when i used to go round and see the ponies and pigs.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS