Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: RWAS Spring Festival  (Read 11825 times)

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
Re: RWAS Spring Festival
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2013, 07:02:28 am »
Yes - sorry Beewyched - went to find the others and found Sally and Lynda (Backinwellies) with her OH. We chatted for a few minutes and then came round to the coffee bar but you had gone by then.

We must have been chatting for longer than I thought.

Apologies.

Hope you do well in today's classes.

We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2013, 08:58:09 pm »
Yes sorry to have missed you too Beewyched (see you on 6th I hope) .... and good to have met you Suziequeue  Ian was very impressed with your list of small holding developments.
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2013, 12:45:17 am »
Sorry everyone - they kept on changing the time we were due in the ring, so couldn't risk being too far from the building (this is why the OH hates pig shows - they never run to time). Really disappointed to have missed everyone. I always leave a phone number on my pen (can't be there every minute) so if anyone does call in, all they have to do is ring and I'll come back and meet them.
www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2013, 07:08:14 am »
My family and I went on the Sun, it was the first time we have been, we had a fantastic day! We ended up buying some quail at the auction and then spent the day having a wander. There were lots of demonstrations on that I had wanted to see but it was a bit difficult with the kids so next year I think we will camp for the weekend and go both days!

I didnt keep an eye out for any TAS t-shirts and badges but didnt see any. I hope you all had a good time, weather was glorious!  :wave:

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2013, 08:01:15 am »
What a lovely weekend - met -up with old friends, beautiful weather   :sunshine: & such a well organised event  :thumbsup:
Sorry to have dashed-off Suzieq - we were needed in with the pigs, hopefully we'll catch-up another time  :fc:
Sally & Lynda - we did disappear on a regular basis as I had my dog with me, so I had to keep putting him back in the old (well ventilated) Landy to go & see certain areas.
Liz - I know what you mean - our classes changed 3 times, then ended-up back at the original time - Lillian did point you out to me, but you were dashing off with your white coat on.
Jasmine did a respectable 5th place in her class, not bad for her 1st time out  :eyelashes:
 :love: :pig: :love:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2013, 10:13:06 am »
Beewyched - didn't realise you were showing pigs. I've probably got pictures of you in the ring. What classes were you in/what do you look like?
www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2013, 11:14:50 am »
 :excited: :yippee:

Well done Jasmine and Beewyched
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

rockstar

• Joined Jan 2012
  • powys
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2013, 09:12:28 pm »
I went with family had a great day,bought two light sussex point of lay chickens.

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2013, 03:11:20 pm »
Beewyched - didn't realise you were showing pigs. I've probably got pictures of you in the ring. What classes were you in/what do you look like?
Yep, just a wee KK gilt, Jasmine  :love:  didn't bring "The Scottish Champ" Maisie as she isn't looking her best at the moment  :-[
We were in the KK - gilt or boar born after January 2012 class (sorz can't remember the class no.  ::)  )
Me - well - um - I usually wander around in dungarees, but I do "dress proper" for the ring - the give-away is the purple hair  ;)

Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS