Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Damara Lamb Update  (Read 1700 times)

sh3ph3rd

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Queensland, Australia
Damara Lamb Update
« on: May 11, 2013, 06:00:47 pm »
Eh, sorry to start a new thread, didn't want to make people wade through my over-large text detailing her history... Just wanted to give and update on her progress for anyone who's possibly got a lamb in similar straits, was wondering about it, or may have similar problems in future.... I'm assuming she's the only Damara lamb on this site so if they need the particulars they should be able to find her history easily enough. ;)

Re: the sewerage breath: lessened, almost entirely gone. What changed was I fed her as much raw garlic as she would eat. And I've started her on regular activated charcoal treats mixed with yoghurt and other goodies. 

Re: the blocked/stop-starting breathing & high-pitched straining semi-audible breathing noises she's been making at night: Gone! (Yay, what a relief, I was concerned about that).

Re: the burping: was gone for a few weeks, came back for a little while, gone again, hoping it stays away.

I'm sure in future some experienced soul's going to have a name for what her symptoms were. Till then...

Oh, and she on and off has problems with her bladder control, particularly peeing frequently, and sometimes peeing while laying down. I've got no idea what that is but am almost completely sure she had pulpy kidney when she was younger. So possibly a bit of lasting damage.

Alicenz

• Joined Apr 2013
Re: Damara Lamb Update
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 01:48:36 pm »
Thats fabulous that she is going well, lovely to hear, thanks

sh3ph3rd

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Queensland, Australia
Re: Damara Lamb Update
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 03:13:01 pm »
Cheers. I'll try to get a new photo of her on here soon, she's much bigger, and she's grown a winter coat of good wool. Pretty good fine wool, suspect her mother had some decent merino in her ancestry somewhere.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS