Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello peoples  (Read 11904 times)

ducky2108

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Glasgow
Re: Hello peoples
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 01:44:19 pm »
Well, I now have somewhere to live for the next six months, whilst we look for somewhere to buy. Woohoo. It has a little garden, and whilst I'm not sure that the landlord will let me dig up her rather nice lawn to turn into a carrot patch, I've spoken to her and know she's not averse to me planting a few herbs. I may even try and grow some spuds in bin bags on the patio.

From tiny acorns...

Pebbles

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Central Scotland
    • Ardunan Farm
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 05:57:45 pm »
Well done Ducky

Really happy for you - you've started!!  ;D

Pebbles

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 07:20:49 pm »
If you've got a patio.....you've got room for tubs  ;) LOADS of stuff can be grown in tubs.   Go for it.
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 07:35:16 pm »
We started with "mini veg" in the front garden. Don't think the neighbours were very chuffed but it actually looked quite nice - neat rows of mini veg.

Good for you, Ducky.

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 06:06:53 pm »
We started with "mini veg" in the front garden. Don't think the neighbours were very chuffed but it actually looked quite nice - neat rows of mini veg.

lol i didn't ak the landlore if i could dig the garden over in our 1st house up here i just did it and he was oky with it as long it was keep tidy and the house was kept in a good state

:)
hiya from fws aka linz

ducky2108

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Glasgow
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 07:22:48 pm »
Well, my new landlord owns a gardening business and has said that if we want to do a bit of gardening then we can go for it. I'm going to plant a rosemary bush, and then the herbs in pots and things. As we're looking to buy a place though, I'm not really willing to invest that much effort into it as we'll be moving again in six months. She might get a bit annoyed too if I dug up her immaculate (but minute) lawn.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS