Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Women and Guns  (Read 2960 times)

Tullywood Farm

Women and Guns
« on: July 13, 2009, 03:46:16 pm »
Aging Aunt Mildred was a 93-year-old woman who was particularly despondent over the recent death of her husband. She decided that she would just kill herself and join him in death.  :'(

Thinking that it would be best to get it over with quickly, she took out his old Army pistol and made the decision to shoot herself in the heart, since it was badly broken in the first place.  :'(

Not wanting to miss the vital organ and become a vegetable and a burden to someone, she called her doctor's office to inquire as to just exactly where the heart would be on a woman. The doctor said, 'Your heart would be just below your left breast'. ::)

Later that night........ Mildred was admitted to the hospital with a gunshot wound to her knee.

Things can move as you get older peeps!

Julie

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Women and Guns
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 03:48:06 pm »
 ;D ;D So true. And mostly south.

CarraghsBorderCollies

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 06:30:37 pm »
lol

on a related subject, i learnt how to shoot with my brother-in-laws reuger 10 shot, semi automatic rifle on friday
apparently im very good ;D
im hooked now! im gonna have to get a rifle now for mr fox and mr rabbit!
GEM. X

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 07:28:35 pm »
Yummy - Rabbit Stew

If you get too many, Tara and I love Rabbit Stew ;D ;D

Julie

CarraghsBorderCollies

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 07:53:48 pm »
its gonna take me a while to save for the reuger (its quite expensive and is not a ladies gun due to its weight but im not detered) when i get it we can go hunting! for wabbits!
GEM. X

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 02:53:06 pm »
You're lucky you can fire it Gem.

I have a 410 - basically a little boys gun, but at least when I fire it it doesn't knock me over.

I can only hit a stationery target though - so if someone comes to rob me I will have
to shout  "stand still till I shoot you" ;D  Then I can only give them a nasty bruise - don't think it would kill anyone. ::)

Joe said I am a good shot - but I will have to try clay shooting to learn to hit a moving target - seriously only need it to frighten stray dogs worryingthe sheep when Joe is away.

Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Stew,  :yum: :yum: :yum:

CarraghsBorderCollies

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 03:27:47 pm »
i fired a glock when out in spain, that is a serious piece of equipment small and deadly! there is no safety and i had to use 2 hands as it was unreal powerful and it kicks back a bit,   i think the cops in the usa use them! and ive seen psni officers carrying them (northern ireland police).
GEM. X

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 04:09:45 pm »
Yes- That is the Fire arm of choice in the North, Strong and Reliable is the name of the game.
I will get Julie out shooting as soon as possible she is just a little nervous and talks her self out of it!.
Tara (11) is a great shot she also is only on stationery targets yet!, But never misses even with My Magnum Rifle she will hit a Clay disc at 75 yards.
I know grown men that are worse shots than Tara.
Kind regards
Joe  :)

CarraghsBorderCollies

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 04:16:26 pm »
i have only shot stationary items so far,
the reuger is a good sniper and i want to try rabbits next!
i dont mind lieing in wait for them and a silencer reduces the risk of them bolting,
when ive learnt a bit more and got my gun + licence we will all have to go hunting!
GEM. X

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS