Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: RSPCA  (Read 7399 times)

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
Re: RSPCA
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 12:48:40 am »
Aside from the article.  The problem is that there is no other organisation where you can direct your feeling of mistreatment of animals and hope that things get done.

The problem is that animals cruelty is illegal - but the legal system doesnt want to know if you see something that going against the laws already in place to protect animals.

The RSPCA - while doing a poinient job  - dont actually do much on the ground, partly because they dont have many powers.  They just dont have the resources or peoplepower to do what they can enforce at the moment - which is jack s**t.

IMO the RSPCA should not be getting involved in this type of shizr as there is too much else to do.

Dont fight in a law court - unless its someone else money your risking - oh yeah sorry thats what they do.

Although I do repsect any organisation that does ultimately do what they do.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 06:46:34 am »
They have the same rights as you and I, and can be compared to jehova witnesses in uniform but with less knowledge , you have every right to refuse them entry to your property , they must come with police to gain access, you can let the police in and refuse them entry. Abu Katada is made more welcome... :thumbsup:

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2013, 11:48:35 am »
Yes, but they wear a uniform which makes people THINK they have powers to arrest them etc.  People have always looked upon the RSPCA to help animals, and thats why little old ladies and the like leave them lots of money.

To be honest, I would rather involve my local animal sanctuary, or something like Bransby horse sanctuary than the RSPCA. But again,doubt they have any powers.

philcaegrug

• Joined Jul 2012
  • ammanford
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2013, 03:35:43 pm »
We have a monthly horse mart near here with horses tethered in stalls all day some with no water all day. The rspca are never there even though it is a regular mart on the same set day every month.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2013, 03:59:42 pm »
And don't get me started on the debacle at Ramsgate last year .....

smiley bucket

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2013, 09:10:58 pm »
Dont they kill 50% of the animals they "save"?

Pay our politicians minimum wage and watch how fast things change.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2013, 09:26:08 pm »
We once tried to rehome a dog from an RSPCA home. He was a lovely natured dog but had so many behavoural problems that we had to return him. The biggest problem was his ability to sneak out through the tiniest gap, despite being a GSD x, and running amok on the main road. As I was working and my OH is blind, he had ample opportunity to escape and OH wasn't in a postion to go looking for him.

When we returned him, the woman in reception filled in the form, asking me questions:

Is he well behaved?
No, he runs away and races up and down the main road.
Hmmm, I'll put fairly well behaved.

Is he house-trained?
No. I'm forever cleaning up after him.
Hmmm, I'll put house trained. He was probably just unsettled with the move.

Is he good at recall?
No, he runs away and races up and down the nearest road.
Hmmm, I'll put reasonable good at recall.

We should have been suspicious when we went to meet him and were told he'd had three unsuccessful rehomings. They didn't even want to inspect our home, saying that as my OH has a guide dog, we were obviously alright.

I'd never go to an RSPCA home again.

It broke my  heart returning him. As I said, he was lovely natured. One of the nicest dogs I've ever met and I had a real rapport with him from day one.

MarvinH

• Joined Oct 2011
  • England
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2013, 10:39:13 pm »
Its a great shame what the RSPCA has turned into. There power trip comes right from the top - when I hear the chief exec - gavin grant speak on the radio, my blood boils.
Sheep

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS