Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Farm Sale  (Read 4359 times)

Glensidepig

• Joined Oct 2010
Farm Sale
« on: May 05, 2013, 08:22:50 am »
After 15 years on our smallholding on the outskirts of Bristol we are finally giving in ( just as the sun has come out) to the lure of the city for schools,jobs and teenage children's nightlife! As a result we must clear all the kit we have collected over the years. We have everything from John Deere Lawn tractor and petrol hedge trimmer, to almost new pig arks, chicken arks and houses of all sizes, down to water dispensers and ad lib feeders; as well as heat lamps, ear tag pliers, barrows, shovels, troughs, in date wormer.......You get the point. There are also a few bits and pieces that have no real value but do just the job for people like us, (cut down tubs for water and half oil cans for a hay rack etc.) It could be a treasure trove for anyone just setting up or on the look out for useful kit. If you are in the area you are welcome to pop over to browse or PM me for more details. I will have a vague idea what I think individual items are worth but all sensible offers will be considered. We will also have a pair of Embden geese and a nice flock of Jacob ewes with lambs at foot to rehome. Look forward to seeing you. Kettle always on if you've made a trek.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Farm Sale
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 08:57:32 am »
You're better parents than me - I'd have just bought them a bicycle  ;D

Good luck in your new life in the city - maybe you'll come back to smallholding in the future  :)

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 12:21:24 pm »
I'm too far away but good luck, hope it  goes well   :sunshine:

Gunnermark

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 04:15:37 pm »
Where are you in relation to outskirts of Bristol?? Sounds like a big change for you!

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 05:08:34 pm »
What chicken arks etc have you? we are going to chicken tractors from a big house!
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

colliewobbles

• Joined Mar 2013
  • South Norfolk
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 08:42:21 pm »
Hi there - have PM'd you

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 08:58:49 pm »
Hope you've made a good choice - I sent both of mine off to university at 17 so we could live in the country  :innocent: (not really JUST for that reason  :eyelashes: )   My  42 year old daughter and 40 year old son told me today at dinner that it was the best thing their Dad and i ever did for them.  Good ;luck with your new life.  :thumbsup:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 11:02:08 pm »
I've sent you a message, too.
www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 09:38:08 pm »
Would be interested in one of your chicken arks. Will PM you. :)

nicandem

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Berkeley, Glos
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 09:07:16 am »
hello, would be interested in some bits and bobs (petrol hedge trimmer especially)
I'm just north in Berkeley, whereabouts are you?
Nic

steve_in_devon

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Cadbury, Near Exeter, Devon
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 09:20:25 am »
Hi there, same you have to move. I would love to live on a smallholding.
What price are you wanting for your Jacob ewes?
Cheers

Shropshirelass

• Joined Jul 2012
  • South Shropshire
  • A country lass who loves it all!
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 11:25:27 am »
How many ewes & lambs & are they registered pedigrees?

suedavies0117

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 06:41:24 pm »
Hi
I live at Bedminster down but will be moving to Snowdonia on Friday woohoo to start a new life as a smallholder so we are in need of everything as at the moment there is just the land and house
can you please let me know where you are and what is still available
we will be coming back and forwards for a couple of weeks to sort out things in Bristol so can arrange to pop round to see you
thanks
sue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS