Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What a year so far.  (Read 3624 times)

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
What a year so far.
« on: April 29, 2013, 07:39:07 pm »
I feel as if I've not got a lot of time for anything, let alone my poor animals.
Just a couple of months ago I lost my Mum, and have had to adminster her estate as well as propping up my Step-Father and that's still not settled.
Last Monday I lost my Mother in Law. As my husband had a serious accident 4 years ago he can't cope with all the arranging for his Mum so it is falling to me as the other executor to try and sort it out.
She had two daughters as well and all they have been are pains in the butt, leaving me to organise the funeral and then pull the details to shreds. I have come close to telling them to " sling their hooks" (That's a mild version of what I want to say). We live in Aberystwyth, Mum in Law lived in Cardiff -just up the road... and Mum near London.
I've had to get my Stepfather to come look after the animals while we go down to Cardiff, to see vicar and sort out her flat. Where are the two girls?
I'll be glad when it's all over on Thursday. :rant: :rant: :rant:

Then the fun starts. They are already deciding what they want regardless of what is in the will.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 07:40:47 pm by kaz »
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: What a year so far.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 07:45:27 pm »
Karen,
Its a rotten time for you both. Funerals bring out the best and the worst in people.
Everyone has great expectations of seeing people they haven't seen in a while and joining together in grief but it invariably brings more back biting and as you have found with the sisters, people can be very scarce when it comes to doing some work and you probably won't get any thanks. Still at least your OH knows that you have stepped in when needed and he muyst be very grateful for that.
Well done for stepping up to the plate and taking on all the work.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 08:00:18 pm »
I feel for you, at least you know you are doing  your bit so will not have any guilt, as for the 2 girls, just hope they realise just how much  you are doing.
Its sad and horrid and just hope you get some support!! :hug:

Mariask

• Joined Feb 2013
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 08:50:34 pm »
You have my deepest sympathy - it's a huge amount to have to deal with in such a short space of time.

People do and say very odd things when they've been bereaved. Try not to get sucked into the grabbing, grasping side of things, and just let them get on with it.

Be kind to yourself, and come in here to vent to us if you need to.

M xx

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 08:51:47 pm »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: So sorry to hear all this bad news for you. Keep strong and it will pass and hopefully someone other than you will pull their finger out to give you a hand.
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 10:20:27 pm »
Thanks everyone. Just feeling a bit sorry for myself. Had a bad day today. :gloomy:
Tomorrow will be :sunshine: :excited:
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 10:31:02 pm »
Not sure how old or  young you are but I went through something similarish when my children were young, seems all my relatives and parents died around the same time, and I had to organise and clear out thier houses etc, my brother was strange about my parents and did not want to help but critised what I did, he took the things he wanted etc and we sold the rest and money split but an elderly aunt had not seen her son, he turned up with a van and cleared out her house but had no part in any other arrangements and did not bother seeing her while alive, that made me angry, like others say, it brings out the worse, some people also cannot cope too well with grief, its not nice for anyone but some just block it out and go blank and some just get angry, so, Kaz, power to you and just plod on...ignore them all!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 07:36:38 am »
 :hug: , kaz. Hope all goes as well as can be expected on Thurdsay and that everyone behaves.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 07:48:54 am »
You will get through this Kaz, once Thursday is over just take a step back and let the girls get on with it if possible. Death brings out the worse in some families. My sister in-law is an undertaker and she has seen some horrible things due to greedy people who are only concerned on what they can get. First chance you get take time for yourself  :hug:

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 08:02:00 am »
Keep smiling Kaz..
there is nothing like family members to throw a spanner in the works.... :innocent:

you will do yourself proud..don't take any notice in what other family members  say..you can always look up and ask what they where doing.....

Stellan Vert

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 09:41:48 am »
Hi Kaz

Well done, keep going, smile

Roll on Friday

I think your Mum in law would be proud of you

SV

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 10:26:56 am »
Keep smiling Kaz..
there is nothing like family members to throw a spanner in the works.... :innocent:

you will do yourself proud..don't take any notice in what other family members  say..you can always look up and ask what they where doing.....

and so says all of us. I too have copped for looking after affairs of FIL(he's still alive...lol...) as OH's DS has spat her doedie out and OH has not got a clue whats involved, i also have my own parents to deal with! Who was it said 'you become the parent?'.....
anyway take some time for you even if its locking yourself in the bathroom for a long soak and something nice to read or drink.  :hug: 
all the best Mandy :pig:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 10:18:25 pm »
What a lovely DIL you are and I'll bet you were more of a daughter to your MIL than her own daughters.  :bouquet:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS