Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Can someone please hatch out some of my duck eggs? East Lothian, Scotland  (Read 1442 times)

loopylou

• Joined Feb 2013
  • East Lothian
Hi,

I have a 11 Khaki Campbell ducks but none of the girls seam to want to sit on their eggs.  One duck managed to hatch out one duck last year but was looking for someone to take few of the eggs and see if they will hatch out.  I have looked for a fairly cheap incubator but have not see any yet. My friends incubator packed up last year. 

I know the spring is a bit later than normal so they might well still sit on eggs yet but if anyone could help me out that would be great.

Thanks for reading.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
Hiya,  I'd gladly rent out some incubator space in return for a few of the hatchlings when they arrive.  I couldn't start them until w/c 17th June though, so you may have better offers.  If not, do give me a shout.

Cheers!
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

loopylou

• Joined Feb 2013
  • East Lothian
Excellent.

Where abouts are you again?

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
Stirling-ish, but I work in Grangemouth, so not too far away.
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

milly molly

• Joined Dec 2007
  • abington sw scotland
If you are  still looking for eggs incubated, ill give a few a go, can take up to 48 at a go if I just use the one incubator, got a few broodies sitting too, I'm Abington area, can take from Friday evening if u like

I've been fighting to hatching urge but this would give me my fix and I don't have to deal with loads of chicks LOL

Mandy

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS