Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New EU seed laws  (Read 3793 times)

MikeM

• Joined Jul 2011
  • NW Devon
New EU seed laws
« on: April 28, 2013, 09:50:35 am »
it would seem that yet again we are required to bow down before the altar of big business:

http://www.realseeds.co.uk/seedlaw.html

if you want to complain then this is the email addy of the UK commissionor:
catherine.ashton@ec.europa.eu

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: New EU seed laws
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 11:07:10 am »
Thank you MikeM.  This is really worrying and well worth lobbying for a 'no' vote with as many commissioners as possible.  :garden:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 12:23:03 pm »
This insane law already applies to grain , oats , barley, wheat etc .
When i purchased some 'square heads master' , an old wheat variety from the 1800's , i had buy it as chicken feed , as it was not on the list .
The eu is a totally corrupt dictatorship , run by unelected power hungry money grabbers , we must get out !
I , for one , am not part of their 'project' . Their corrupt 'illegal' laws do not apply to me .
 As they are finding out in spain , italy , greece , portugal , civil war is getting very close !
I only buy old varieties , but it is scary how many people think it ok to buy f1's .
I think we may already be fecked on this one though .   

MikeM

• Joined Jul 2011
  • NW Devon
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 01:01:07 pm »
heh, this would apply even if we weren't in the EU, the money men would put the same pressure and lobbying on our politicans as they do the EU.

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 01:07:26 pm »
Ah ! That makes it ok then .

MikeM

• Joined Jul 2011
  • NW Devon
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 01:10:53 pm »
I'm confused, it's the law I'm complaining about, not the EU. That's your little hobbyhorse, not mine. I'd be complaining about this law if we weren't in the EU and it was our govt who wanted to enact it. Where did I say it was OK?

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 01:38:13 pm »
I missed out the ? At the end , but hey ho .
The law , you say you are complaining about , not the eu ? The law is being made by who ? A clue is in the title of your thread.
The sovereignty of my country is 'my little hobby horse' ??? , little wonder they can get away with what they do .
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 01:42:50 pm by RUSTYME »

MikeM

• Joined Jul 2011
  • NW Devon
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 01:44:20 pm »
I'm complaining about the corruption of the democratic process by big business, you're just making strawman arguments. My point (clearly to subtle for you) was that even if we weren't in the EU then the seed companies would corrupt our democratic process to get their way. The US is not in the EU and they do the same thing there. While we allow big business to corrupt deomcracy we will have no sovereignty, your obsession with the EU is blinding you to the truth, but hey ho. I'm sure that makes the tycoons in their boardrooms happy.
What exactly is your last statement supposed to mean?

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 02:36:46 pm »
You will find that Monsanto are giving large brown envelopes to the corrupt " ministers " to get their stuff on worldwide sale. GM modded crap that is.

The other point Mike, is that this is an open forum not a slagging match .
Rustyme is on the same side against this legislation so let's keep things civil.

MikeM

• Joined Jul 2011
  • NW Devon
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 02:52:11 pm »

The other point Mike, is that this is an open forum not a slagging match .
Rustyme is on the same side against this legislation so let's keep things civil.

I am aware this is an open forum, it was not me who made the snide remarks.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 03:14:24 pm »
Can we please keep it friendly
Graham

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 05:43:41 pm »
I didn't make any snide remarks , i just left off a ? I hate corruption no matter where or who it may be.
 Any problems you may have with me mike let me know by pm . I am sure we can sort out anything that has got up your nose ! Please read with a smile .(ok , i admit that was a snide remark , hope you had no trouble undestanding that one !)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 05:54:26 pm by RUSTYME »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS